2022 order to 2023 and waiting...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorRy

Reaction score
New guy here, but i ordered a 22 std 37 raptor in may, ultimately being converted to a 23 in nov
(order preview attached). I guess I am very confused with what the actual frank is going on. Ive gone to my dealership several times, twice to change color and twice to check in/remind my dealership I haven't forgotten about my $1000 security deposit... Last visit i found out they have 13 raptor orders, and how 2 orders are scheduled for production in march. Being that I ordered a 22 on May 31, wasn't told about my rollover until November 4th, and am going to be handing them 90k, it was difficult not to express my frustration and confusion. I asked a barrage of questions regarding PC 10, "the best spot you can have" and to explain how if "I was at the top of the list" why my order isn't one of the two scheduled for march. If anyone has gone through the whole process, some input would be much appreciated. Just something to help explain or justify this madness.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to Ordering a Raptor. Where everything is made up and the truth doesn't matter.

All joking aside... I dont think anyone knows whats going on

Last edited:

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
New guy here, but i ordered a 22 std 37 raptor in may, ultimately being converted to a 23 in nov
(order preview attached). I guess I am very confused with what the actual frank is going on. Ive gone to my dealership several times, twice to change color and twice to check in/remind my dealership I haven't forgotten about my $1000 security deposit... Last visit i found out they have 13 raptor orders, and how 2 orders are scheduled for production in march. Being that I ordered a 22 on May 31, wasn't told about my rollover until November 4th, and am going to be handing them 90k, it was difficult not to express my frustration and confusion. I asked a barrage of questions regarding PC 10, "the best spot you can have" and to explain how if "I was at the top of the list" why my order isn't one of the two scheduled for march. If anyone has gone through the whole process, some input would be much appreciated. Just something to help explain or justify this madness.

First - Shouldn't have held back on your frustration and confusion
Second - PC10 is not the best spot you can have
C - Be prepared to wait until at least March for your truck. Most likely longer. Sounds like they take more orders than they have allocations.

atobias80

Reaction score
you may be better off just going on Cars.com and finding the spec you want and making offers. I did it in IL and I had the one i wanted in 2 days. On the Facebook page many owners are doing the same.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, the TRUTH... a car salesman's worst nightmare
quick overview of how raptor ordering works so you can match with info you are getting from your dealer
-before ordering opens a dealer is told how many raptors ford will build for them in the upcoming model year (these are the allocations you keep reading about) these are essentially fixed, a dealer may get an extra one or two but they would only find that out much later in the model year, but it is very unlikely. In 2022 some dealers actually got shorted on allocations due to supply chain constraints (these are folks who actually got a vin for 2022 but never got a 2022 truck)

-priority 10: for a standard vehicle fords scheduling system automatically scans all the orders in the order bank weekly, picks the highest priority and puts it next in line for the dealer (there is a component of the algorithm that also weighs commodity, trim, etc but that's the general idea). dealers can assign priority 10 and up anything lower than 10 must be assigned by ford itself. For a raptor this means nothing, ford performance vehicles (raptor, shelby) are scheduled manually. the ford zone rep calls the dealer says "congrats, i am going to build one of your raptor orders... which one?" and the dealer tells them which one to select, at that point the vehicle goes to priority 1.

-Raptors have other specific constraints. Examples: the 37 package is limited production, other commodity holds on specific options. When a dealer gets the call their allocation is picked up they might be told it cannot be a 37 (this is common), the dealer will then have to pick a 35 if they want a truck built soon. Can they choose to submit the 37 anyway, to get it officially on the books? We do not know much about what happens during that convo, but basically no, at least not anymore. Some results from 2021/early 2022 orders would indicate ford was letting this happen, assuming their act would get together. What happens now? the 37 will sit unscheduled till the next go around to see if they can have a 37 open at that point (hard to tell if ford has told dealers you get no more 37s this year or if they tell them to wait and see, different dealer feedback to folks indicates different results). We have seen a few outputs to the customer from this convo between dealer and ford if your order is truthfully next in line 1) dealer does nothing, says nothing, moves to next 35 order in line 2) dealer calls customer says "no 37" in some version of sales speak with some reasoning (variable truthfulness depending on dealer) and asks if you want to hold the line or take as a 35 3) dealer modifies order without customer consent (permission vs forgiveness) and blames on ford

-Dealers can and do use the the priority system on raptors for their own sanity and internal tracking priority, but that's it as far as raptors are concerned. Dealers can take infinite orders and the number of orders has no effect (anymore) on how many trucks they are given this year or any future year.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I like how that is worded...the step of arranging shipment to your dealer will take a few days to a week. Then there is the actual step of shipping. What a nightmare. I feel for you guys.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
quick overview of how raptor ordering works so you can match with info you are getting from your dealer
-before ordering opens a dealer is told how many raptors ford will build for them in the upcoming model year (these are the allocations you keep reading about) these are essentially fixed, a dealer may get an extra one or two but they would only find that out much later in the model year, but it is very unlikely. In 2022 some dealers actually got shorted on allocations due to supply chain constraints (these are folks who actually got a vin for 2022 but never got a 2022 truck)

-priority 10: for a standard vehicle fords scheduling system automatically scans all the orders in the order bank weekly, picks the highest priority and puts it next in line for the dealer (there is a component of the algorithm that also weighs commodity, trim, etc but that's the general idea). dealers can assign priority 10 and up anything lower than 10 must be assigned by ford itself. For a raptor this means nothing, ford performance vehicles (raptor, shelby) are scheduled manually. the ford zone rep calls the dealer says "congrats, i am going to build one of your raptor orders... which one?" and the dealer tells them which one to select, at that point the vehicle goes to priority 1.

-Raptors have other specific constraints. Examples: the 37 package is limited production, other commodity holds on specific options. When a dealer gets the call their allocation is picked up they might be told it cannot be a 37 (this is common), the dealer will then have to pick a 35 if they want a truck built soon. Can they choose to submit the 37 anyway, to get it officially on the books? We do not know much about what happens during that convo, but basically no, at least not anymore. Some results from 2021/early 2022 orders would indicate ford was letting this happen, assuming their act would get together. What happens now? the 37 will sit unscheduled till the next go around to see if they can have a 37 open at that point (hard to tell if ford has told dealers you get no more 37s this year or if they tell them to wait and see, different dealer feedback to folks indicates different results). We have seen a few outputs to the customer from this convo between dealer and ford if your order is truthfully next in line 1) dealer does nothing, says nothing, moves to next 35 order in line 2) dealer calls customer says "no 37" in some version of sales speak with some reasoning (variable truthfulness depending on dealer) and asks if you want to hold the line or take as a 35 3) dealer modifies order without customer consent (permission vs forgiveness) and blames on ford

-Dealers can and do use the the priority system on raptors for their own sanity and internal tracking priority, but that's it as far as raptors are concerned. Dealers can take infinite orders and the number of orders has no effect (anymore) on how many trucks they are given this year or any future year.
that was great. thank you.