2022 Order Already Delayed + bonus raptor pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ek5686

Reaction score
This thread is awesome! Haha

Anyway, my dealer rep called me today and provided me with a VIN number, 1/24 build date and a priority code of 01. But based on what I’m reading here, I’m guessing that date doesn’t really mean anything?

My rep did say that it isn’t a custom order, but it’s pretty much a dealer order and is ‘expedited’ or has priority over the customer orders. Is there any truth to that?

I guess this is a dealer order, but pretty much has all the specs that i wanted. Additionally, I did put a deposit down for this order…even though it is ‘dealer order’.

Looking forward to what y’all say!

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First rule of Raptor club is : Don't listen to the dealer.

1/24 doesn't seem too wrong for a build date if there weren't so many shortages. I'm thinking you might take delivery later in March or mid April (based on what's going on).

Ford still has a few thousand 2021s to finish building and a few thousand 2021s it has yet to build before they start on the 2022s. Not to mention the holiday season is upon us. You'll lose at least 2 weeks due to the union holiday mandates.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is awesome! Haha

Anyway, my dealer rep called me today and provided me with a VIN number, 1/24 build date and a priority code of 01. But based on what I’m reading here, I’m guessing that date doesn’t really mean anything?

My rep did say that it isn’t a custom order, but it’s pretty much a dealer order and is ‘expedited’ or has priority over the customer orders. Is there any truth to that?

I guess this is a dealer order, but pretty much has all the specs that i wanted. Additionally, I did put a deposit down for this order…even though it is ‘dealer order’.

Looking forward to what y’all say!
Well at this point you will probably get it sooner than a retail order as Ford always runs dealer orders first when starting up a new model year run. But as to when who knows? Most of us that have had trucks built since the last week of sept on have yet to recieve them I would say April or may might be better realistic time line

Liberty16

Reaction score
Update on 2022 37 order -

My dealer emailed me this yesterday:

"Chris, it was my pleasure to help out. I have spoken with my Ford sales rep and let her know that we have the order in for you and she said that the next available build month would be March of 2022. Unfortunately, it is a long way away but they have been informed and I will get back to you as soon as I have a VIN for you and scheduled build week."

I will wait because he has the allocation and gave me the MSRP. I have the confirmation email from Ford and paperwork confirming this from the dealer as well as a deposit. I figured I will get the Truck, hopefully by the 4th of July! until then I will hang on to my 2020 Raptor. Good things come to those who wait lol!

amazin

Reaction score
I placed my order June 10. Got VIN and customer orderin August with Oct. 4 delivery date, then Oct. 11, then Nov. 4, then Nov. 14, then it disappeared from Ford tracking system. Ford customer service told me yesterday my new delivery date is the week of Jan 21. I also learned if you have an M in your VIN your truck is identified as a 2021. If you have an N in your VIN you truck is a 2022. But let’s face it, these are exactly the same trucks. Those who think you are ordering 2022 trucks are goin to be in the same supply chain mess as the rest of us. Computer chips, fenders flairs and probably other shortages. Many of you are in for long waits , 6 months or more, probably more. Sorry to be such a bummer, but I’m bummed out about the whole situation. This is the first and only time I have ever ordered a new vehicle and it has been one let down after another. But, I still want my truck!!!

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed my order June 10. Got VIN and customer orderin August with Oct. 4 delivery date, then Oct. 11, then Nov. 4, then Nov. 14, then it disappeared from Ford tracking system. Ford customer service told me yesterday my new delivery date is the week of Jan 21. I also learned if you have an M in your VIN your truck is identified as a 2021. If you have an N in your VIN you truck is a 2022. But let’s face it, these are exactly the same trucks. Those who think you are ordering 2022 trucks are goin to be in the same supply chain mess as the rest of us. Computer chips, fenders flairs and probably other shortages. Many of you are in for long waits , 6 months or more, probably more. Sorry to be such a bummer, but I’m bummed out about the whole situation. This is the first and only time I have ever ordered a new vehicle and it has been one let down after another. But, I still want my truck!!!
The wait stinks-sadly most of us waited even on Gen 1s-mine was 6 months for a 2014. Raptors are worth waiting for!!!