2022 gen 3 sluggish acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue22raptor

Reaction score
Mine feels sluggish too, in anything under about 3/4 throttle. My tuned 2019 peasant 3.5EB felt like a rocket ship in comparison. Trans also feels like it’s not sure what to do sometimes…Need a tune BAD!!!

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help. I owned a 2017 Raptor and I remember the truck have Great acceleration but my 2022 37” package lacks pick up. Is the breaking period playing a role in this? When I put it on sports mode I hear the sound but the pick up on acceleration is sluggish.
Please help.
Extremely disappointed at only 450 miles
Same motor as the 2017 but heavier/bigger tires would equal less acceleration. I’d also guess the truck protects itself until broken in.

OP
OP

23Raptor35

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys for the detailed help.
The more I read I see the 37” tire package was a stupid decision. I thought u can only get the blue recaro seats with that package.

I’m thinking of selling it now and reorder one with 35” tires.

I bought it for $84k and MSRP is 90.

A dealer is offering me 88.5 u think I should list it on autotrader and maybe get more or just pocket the small profit and just clear my hands off it:)
Highly appreciate your time and ur great details

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much guys for the detailed help.
The more I read I see the 37” tire package was a stupid decision. I thought u can only get the blue recaro seats with that package.

I’m thinking of selling it now and reorder one with 35” tires.

I bought it for $84k and MSRP is 90.

A dealer is offering me 88.5 u think I should list it on autotrader and maybe get more or just pocket the small profit and just clear my hands off it:)
Highly appreciate your time and ur great details
Why not buy 35s for your truck?

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If acceleration is what you miss and you’re willing to sell your vehicle to correct it, I think you would be a fantastic candidate for a TRX in all honesty. I’ve driven a 35, I could barely tell a difference performance wise on the street to be sure. If you ever plan on using your truck as it was designed for you are going to sorely miss the 37s.

Don’t listen to the marketing BS on the 35 vs 37 package. Of course Ford is going to say each option has benefits. The 37 package is straight up faster on the dirt. It annihilates uneven terrain in a way 35 inch tires can’t touch. So what if the 35 package has one inch more travel, if you actually jump each truck over the same obstacles it is very plainly obvious the 37 lands with more control. I don’t know how or why, but now that I actually have my truck and have driven both in the dirt I don’t care.

This is purely my opinion though, either way a horsepower/torque bump would be welcome. Given me a 37pp with a good, reliable stage 2 tune like the gen2’s had and I’ll have the perfect truck.

OP
OP

23Raptor35

Reaction score
Great point!!
Thank u
As far as tune, will that void the warranty?
Can u send me a link for it?

I love to use it for all purpose on and off road. But if I have to pass cars I want to feel the punch. Don’t plan to jump it just Baja mode for nice stretches of off road and rock crawl for some hills when I go elk hunting

I think the Raptor handling and interior comfort is much superior then all the competition. I’m sports steering it handles like a sports car.

Thank u again for your time and advise!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great point!!
Thank u
As far as tune, will that void the warranty?
Can u send me a link for it?

I love to use it for all purpose on and off road. But if I have to pass cars I want to feel the punch. Don’t plan to jump it just Baja mode for nice stretches of off road and rock crawl for some hills when I go elk hunting

I think the Raptor handling and interior comfort is much superior then all the competition. I’m sports steering it handles like a sports car.

Thank u again for your time and advise!
A tune does not automatically void your powertrain warranty, but if a failure occurs that can be attributed to the tune, the failure is non-warrantable.

OP
OP

23Raptor35

Reaction score
Agreed w. the above comment - if you're that low on mileage your dealer probably put 87 in it when they gave it to you which makes the world of a difference. Try again with 93 and see if it feels any better. Did you put 37s on your 17? Also an impact on the acceleration of these trucks. It's one of the only drawbacks to the 37 package in my mind, but it is significant.
I’m ordering a 35” one soon.
Another gentleman is considering my 37”
Great details.
Highly appreciate all the precision in feedback!!

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you not drive it like you stole it before signing?

I bought my truck in 2020 and it was their policy at the time to not ride with you because of Covid. :gr_grin: Of course that didn't make a ton of difference, but I did feel more free.