2022 gen 3 sluggish acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great point!!
Thank u
As far as tune, will that void the warranty?
Can u send me a link for it?

I love to use it for all purpose on and off road. But if I have to pass cars I want to feel the punch. Don’t plan to jump it just Baja mode for nice stretches of off road and rock crawl for some hills when I go elk hunting

I think the Raptor handling and interior comfort is much superior then all the competition. I’m sports steering it handles like a sports car.

Thank u again for your time and advise!
are you using premium fuel?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same motor as the 2017 but heavier/bigger tires would equal less acceleration. I’d also guess the truck protects itself until broken in.
They’re bigger, they’re not really heavier. The impact on acceleration due to additional unsprung weight is minimal- the additional rotating circumference would hinder acceleration only slightly.

I would imagine 700-1000 miles to truly be broken in. My first gen2 I noticed a HUGE difference after I burnt through the first 36 gallons of whatever stale fuel was sitting @ the bottom of the tank + the 87 octane the dealer filled it up w/ & put the first fresh tank of 93- I distinctly remember that, & at least on gen2’s- running 93 octane alone on stock tune netted something like 25-30whp/TQ (motor trend I think did the comparison)

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of a vehicle being down on power during break in. It's not advisable to go WOT during break in, but they aren't missing power.

Fuel octane might be part of this. As another person said, hot ambient temp could be part of this. I also totally agree with getting a 35 package. The 37" tires are only a pound heavier, but that weight is further out from the center of rotation.