2022 gen 3 sluggish acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

23Raptor35

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help. I owned a 2017 Raptor and I remember the truck have Great acceleration but my 2022 37” package lacks pick up. Is the breaking period playing a role in this? When I put it on sports mode I hear the sound but the pick up on acceleration is sluggish.
Please help.
Extremely disappointed at only 450 miles

nate_13

Reaction score
have you tried running premium fuel?? Also whats your intake air temps? If mine get 35-40 above ambient the truck will run sluggish.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed w. the above comment - if you're that low on mileage your dealer probably put 87 in it when they gave it to you which makes the world of a difference. Try again with 93 and see if it feels any better. Did you put 37s on your 17? Also an impact on the acceleration of these trucks. It's one of the only drawbacks to the 37 package in my mind, but it is significant.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help. I owned a 2017 Raptor and I remember the truck have Great acceleration but my 2022 37” package lacks pick up. Is the breaking period playing a role in this? When I put it on sports mode I hear the sound but the pick up on acceleration is sluggish.
Please help.

A couple of pieces may stand out here..

1. Did you buy the 17 Raptor new or used? I ask because pretty much every used Gen2 Raptor is like buying an F80 M3 or GTR in that.. good luck finding one that was stock. Most were chipped or had a pedal commander installed at a minimum.

2. My gen3 37pp does not feel sluggish at all in Sport mode, but in all other modes it certainly does. It's possible you will feel better acceleration after 500 miles.. I had 700 miles on my truck before I made it home from buying it out of state so I don't have much to say about its performance during that first 500 miles since it was all on the freeway.

3. Have the turbos checked out just in case and check the air Temps. Make sure you're running premium.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at about 300 miles on the truck now, and I would agree it does feel a little sluggish, but its been getting better. I think the trans is still trying to figure everything out, so every time I drive its getting smoother. Compared to my gen 1, its still an improvement on acceleration. So I figure as things break in, it will improve.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Please help.

Make sure that your air cleaner box inlet is not loose from the top of the radiator area. Someone here had problems and it was not getting enough air and caused some damage. The inlet basically sucked itself (haha) up against the bottom of the hood I believe. There is a TSB about it somewhere. When I picked up my 22 I did check to see that it had the proper push pins.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
Please help.
You live in FL and it's August. ha

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cobb needs to come out with a stage 2 kit soon. My 21 35 pkg seems slow, but thats compared to 19 with map and stage 2 kit

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 22 37pp feels very similar, maybe a tad more torquey in the midrange compared to my 17 in stock form before it was tuned. I bought them both new. I didn’t do any spirited driving with my 22 until after 2k miles though, so no idea what it would have felt like before that. It def could benefit from a tune to wake up the top end of the rev range, I’m in no rush though, powerband is fantastic for stock.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is sluggish until I romp on it a few times and the tranny keeps it in a lower gear. I have the mild JB4 tuner which helps. Not a goose tune tho.