2022 Ford Lightning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was watching this video review of the lightning and the Ford engineers told the reviewer that the EPA estimated 300 mile range is with 1000 pounds of cargo.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is in its infancy with EV’s. Look to the past. In given time many other versions will emerge. I can see a Lightning performance down the road. Thing is will all Ford EV trucks be a Lightning? F-150 Lightning Raptor lol. For example.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I actually got a chance to drive a 2022 Lightning this morning. A good friend owns a dealership, has a "mannequin" base model for demos.

My summary:
1. Holy Sh#% the "instant" forward motion and leap off the line is scary (neck-snapping)
2. It is so so quiet - opposite of my Raptor (unnervingly quiet)
3. Seems to handle just like any ol' F150
4. Huge console screen (I have a 2018 so maybe this is same as all new models?)

My first drive in any electric car - so yeah I made stupid mistakes like "Is it on?" and "So, I just hit the "gas" " <-- got laughed at on that one.

So, yeah... I want one. Apparently the 2024 will have the vehicle designed around being electric, so maybe that's the one to get.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I actually got a chance to drive a 2022 Lightning this morning. A good friend owns a dealership, has a "mannequin" base model for demos.

My summary:
1. Holy Sh#% the "instant" forward motion and leap off the line is scary (neck-snapping)
2. It is so so quiet - opposite of my Raptor (unnervingly quiet)
3. Seems to handle just like any ol' F150
4. Huge console screen (I have a 2018 so maybe this is same as all new models?)

My first drive in any electric car - so yeah I made stupid mistakes like "Is it on?" and "So, I just hit the "gas" " <-- got laughed at on that one.

So, yeah... I want one. Apparently the 2024 will have the vehicle designed around being electric, so maybe that's the one to get.
I got mine in the third week of July. It’s a great truck, drives well and gobs of torque. The ride is plush, if not a hair “cloudy”. I love one pedal mode. The frunk is more handy than I would have assumed. The handling is amazing…but with that COG, it makes sense. Pulls a trailer like it isn’t there.

My biggest complaint is (of course) range. It drops significantly (around 1/3) when going 75ish when compared with cruising around town. I dropped from 3.2 miles/kWh to 2.3 miles/kWh on the interstate. Also, at least in Louisiana, the charging stations are not reliable enough to easily plan a fast-charge trip.

I stopped at three in one moderately sized city that didn’t work or were locked behind a gate. Finally, I had to go to one that was unbelievably expensive…around as much as their gasoline. $75 for 200ish miles of charge. Between that and range anxiety, I’m selling it.

Attachments

• 6EF51AD0-A8F9-4E9C-992D-A606B854B9BB.jpeg
    6EF51AD0-A8F9-4E9C-992D-A606B854B9BB.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 9