2022 Ford F-150 Raptor R: "durability problems when turned up beyond 650 HP"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s enough to take the crown back and put a limited few in these trucks. Stepping the exotic down some and producing more of these trucks would be a better idea. I won’t even mention pricing and ADM’s. That’s a whole different discussion.

What's the criteria for earning this crown? HP? 0-60? Offroad capability? How many heads it turns? A couple years from now, there will be several trucks that people will be looking at in these areas. Raptor, Raptor R, TRX, Lightning, Hummer, Cybertruck, Rivian, etc. Obviously, some of these won't appeal to many or be absolutely horrible offroad and other important factors, but they will still get interest. It's going to be rather interesting to see how things shake out.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the criteria for earning this crown? HP? 0-60? Offroad capability? How many heads it turns? A couple years from now, there will be several trucks that people will be looking at in these areas. Raptor, Raptor R, TRX, Lightning, Hummer, Cybertruck, Rivian, etc. Obviously, some of these won't appeal to many or be absolutely horrible offroad and other important factors, but they will still get interest. It's going to be rather interesting to see how things shake out.
From what I have seen posted here the criteria for holding the crown of best off road truck category seems to be HP , 0-60 times and which is faster on the road……

Go ahead and try to wrap your head around that lol

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m just playing into the hoopla of V8 fast truck. But my hunch is, Ford will bring back many of the folks who went TRX just to get a V8 and some new styling. But the Raptor is the original Baja truck and it’s proven. So with a V8 and all the Gen 3 improvements it should bring many back. Honestly it might not be fastest 0-60 but neck and neck with a TRX. Still more than enough to bring many back to the proven Raptor.

Me personally? I knew what I purchased. A 3.5TT and I still really like it. It’s still truck quick, very capable and I love the range! Having a V8 and that power is always a nice option. But range anxiety kicks in lol

That’s why building 8,000lb average weight EV trucks ain’t gonna fly with 250-300 useable mile range. They will be nothing more than fancy boy around town play toys. 400+ useable range and now your talking.

Let’s see what crazy V8 and EV things come out. It’s all crazy good.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I have seen posted here the criteria for holding the crown of best off road truck category seems to be HP , 0-60 times and which is faster on the road……

Go ahead and try to wrap your head around that lol

Which I listed Lightning as a vehicle that could compete for the crown. In many ways, offroad capability is a trend to many rather than an actual vehicle requirement. I eager to see a Lightning with lift kit and offroad tires...it makes no sense, but it'll happen.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s why building 8,000lb average weight EV trucks ain’t gonna fly with 250-300 useable mile range. They will be nothing more than fancy boy around town play toys. 400+ useable range and now your talking.

Let’s see what crazy V8 and EV things come out. It’s all crazy good.

I don't think the range is as big a deal as the recharge times. I could live with even a 200 mile range if I could fully charge in 10 minutes. That would not work for long excursions offroad, but would do for the majority. Personally, I think there needs to be more hybrids out there.

Regardless, it definitely will be interesting to see how things shake out.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What if “people” only get 225-250 mile range in the TRX? Asking for a friend
I’d make sure if you go overlanding, either carry gas cans or make sure there are gas stations somewhere in reach.

Specialty vehicles are one thing. Vehicles for the masses are another. Choose what suites your needs.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which I listed Lightning as a vehicle that could compete for the crown. In many ways, offroad capability is a trend to many rather than an actual vehicle requirement. I eager to see a Lightning with lift kit and offroad tires...it makes no sense, but it'll happen.
You might not see many lifted Lightnings in the future, but you will see Electric Raptors, they're coming.