2022 Ford F-150 Raptor R: "durability problems when turned up beyond 650 HP"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Looks like the TRX will reign another year. I have seen nothing on the R. There is a TRX 15min from me. When I get the itch, I visit the Ram TRX forum (problems sub forum) to settle me down.

Who knows though.
Raptor never has problems though. 3k threads and 39,300 replies. There were some early trx issues. Seems to have calmed down
165E3E97-5F4B-462E-A215-D89DD3B699C5.jpeg

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
If they put a TT V8 in the R, That would be amazing and would probably switch in 5 minutes

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sounds to me like, Ford has the power to bring back nearly every Raptor customer they lost to the TRX if they build an hellacious R. And produce the damn thing in some decent volume. Wow can and will they do it?

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds to me like, Ford has the power to bring back nearly every Raptor customer they lost to the TRX if they build an hellacious R. And produce the damn thing in some decent volume. Wow can and will they do it?
My guess is they will do it and it will be amazing. But..they will do it in limited quantity. I’m thinking about like the carbon fiber track pack GT500’s as far as quantity.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My guess is they will do it and it will be amazing. But..they will do it in limited quantity. I’m thinking about like the carbon fiber track pack GT500’s as far as quantity.
That’s enough to take the crown back and put a limited few in these trucks. Stepping the exotic down some and producing more of these trucks would be a better idea. I won’t even mention pricing and ADM’s. That’s a whole different discussion.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Sadly I’m not sure they have the balls to do this but I would absolutely be in on a halo raptor.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree and also why TRX needs a Torsen front diff…
Being full time AWD, I would guess Ram didn’t want the TRX to have that full time full aggressive bite of the fronts and that feel. Ford just the opposite since you can turn it off. Full bite when needed most.