2022 Fender Flare Color Code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
I've got an unopened back drivers side and front passenger side. The ones on my truck were scuffed when I picked it up, so new ones were ordered. I was able to buff out the originals, so I've got spares.
Thanks; it's the rear passenger fender flare.

Cornwallis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here in the Chino, CA area or the Hollywood area of LA with a Gen 3 I could spend about 5 minutes with? You'd help out the community as well as @scoresman903 . I don't need much time with the truck, just a few minutes.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I've got an unopened back drivers side and front passenger side. The ones on my truck were scuffed when I picked it up, so new ones were ordered. I was able to buff out the originals, so I've got spares.
How did you buff them? Curious.

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
Here's an update with great results: during the course of my research (including this post), I placed an order with TouchUpDirect (https://touchupdirect.com/) for my Antimatter Blue and Ford J7 for the fender flares.

When the J7 didn't quite match, I contacted them and received a response, offering to find a better match if they could locate a GEN 3 to inspect. That finally happened, and I subsequently received two tubes for the fender flares and bumper. Both were excellent matches!

Thanks Uri and TouchUpDirect!!

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an update with great results: during the course of my research (including this post), I placed an order with TouchUpDirect (https://touchupdirect.com/) for my Antimatter Blue and Ford J7 for the fender flares.

When the J7 didn't quite match, I contacted them and received a response, offering to find a better match if they could locate a GEN 3 to inspect. That finally happened, and I subsequently received two tubes for the fender flares and bumper. Both were excellent matches!

Thanks Uri and TouchUpDirect!!
can you share the paint color codes? thx

Cornwallis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a custom developed color so we have to create a new formula, validate the data and post it to our website. This should be done by the end of the week, sorry for the delay.

Oddly, this time the color is not just a matte version of an existing for color. It doesn't really matter, just interesting.

Last edited:

jh225

Reaction score
Yeah, it is a custom developed color so we have to create a new formula, validate the data and post it to our website. This should be done by the end of the week, sorry for the delay.

Oddly, this time the color is not just a matte version of an existing for color. It doesn't really matter, just interesting.
Please be sure to stop back here when that update happens. I actually tried today to have a paint distributor use a scanning camera to pull the formula. Nowhere near J7 and only a 68% match using variances.

I didnt get it made. Not looking to spend $35 for a mismatched color.

I need the formula in order to put it into an aerosol for a project I am planning on the truck. Whether that comes from a local shop or I have to send away, doesn't matter to me.

Boggles my mind why Ford wont release the code/formula for the flares/bumper/cladding/etc. If it was a 2 tone truck, they would put the code right in the door sticker. Whats the difference?