2022 Fender Flare Color Code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cornwallis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

The website is updated with the Gen 3 Raptor bumper/fender flare color: https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/ford/f-150/#pf-year=2022&pf-color=215123

It's a matte finish color, of course, and whatever Kit is selected will include the correct matte clear. FYI, matte clear is a kind of a pain to use in a spray can. Spray it too lightly, it's way too matte. Spray it too wet and it can be too glossy. Moral of the story, TEST THE COLOR WITH CLEAR before doing the actual paint project. That way you'll have a better understanding of how the paint and clear lay out. Message me if you have application questions.

I made a 15% off 1-time per customer use coupon for the Raptor Forum to attempt to add some additional value to this thread, just enter it during checkout: RAPTORFORUM The coupon expires at the end of September.

I have no idea if I'm breaking forum rules with any of this, if I am I apologize and please delete. I am a Raptor fan, and previous owner (1st and 2nd Gen, I have a FE Bronco for now), just look at my post history. I use them to camp, I go to Baja, I do off-road things quite a lot. I've never self-promoted in any of my previous posts, we've only arrived here due to this thread.

I hope this is helpful for everyone, let me know if there are any questions or comments! Thanks @scoresman903 for helping with the project!

Cornwallis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect that this is a non-standard formula, like we just made. RMG is not a typical Ford paint code, and I have a hunch it just stands for "Raptor Matte Gray" like the color name they designated it. Meaning they don't really know the true paint code or color name, they simply did what we did and made one up for reference.

Regardless, it looks like Spies makes a color, so that's another good resource.

Last edited:

Cornwallis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RMG is the same paint code in Waterbased Cromax Paint ‍♂️
Yep, that makes sense being that they are owned by Axalta like Spies is.

Interesting year range in the image though, knowing that the colors are not the same 2017-2021.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, that makes sense being that they are owned by Axalta like Spies is.

Interesting year range in the image though, knowing that the colors are not the same 2017-2021.
If we get the spray can, do we need the matte clear spray can as well or can we just spray the color?

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the exact same scratch on the exact same fender... i think i picked it up from a tight spot off-roading... i just let it be.