2022 Fender Flare Color Code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoresman903

Reaction score
I've not found any search results here or via Google; does anyone know?

There's a Gen 2 thread saying J7 Touch-Up Paint; and that seemed to work for my Gen 2.

However, the J7 Touch-Up Paint is lighter than my Gen 3 fender flares.

Any help appreciated.

C0ACBF6A-E9EB-4EC5-9D43-FD3942ECAAB9.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
Well, 137 views and no replies. I'll stop by the dealership parts department and try to solve the mystery later this week.

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be swinging for the bleachers on this one but here is my guess:

Going off of the ford site and using the F150 builder, my swag is going to be carbonized gray metallic. On the Gen 1 it was a matte/low gloss version of dark shadow grey, on the gen 2 it is magnetic, so I would think that carbonized gray would be the most sense. They do have a smoked quartz metallic however that appears to be more from a tinted clear coat so I have my doubts on that one. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Edit: I just looked at the mustang builder and they have a dark matter gray that looks pretty close to DSG back in the day.

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
Spoke to one of the parts department guys at my dealership. He checked and could not find any information about this. He offered to contact "Ford" and let me know what they said. Later in the day, he called me back and said they told him they had not released any information about the fender flare color, and that their suggestion was to have it paint matched by the body shop.WTF!?!

pamy104

Reaction score
Not sure if that is a front or rear fender but I have both front fenders unopened OEM parts for a Gen 3 if that would help.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Next time you see a Gen 2 in a parking lot park next to it and compare the flare colors.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an unopened back drivers side and front passenger side. The ones on my truck were scuffed when I picked it up, so new ones were ordered. I was able to buff out the originals, so I've got spares.