2022 Bed Extender?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is true, it is very easy to remove tail light. What they don’t tell you is sometimes it doesn’t go all the way back in. It fits in rubber grommets. I removed one to tap into wiring for reverse lights. Wound up going the hitch wiring route. But no matter what I did, no matter how hard I pushed, the tail light never seated properly and there was a gap to the body. Very annoying. Not saying it happens to everyone but it happened to me.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you buy this from your local dealer or did you order online? also, were you able to use fordpass points towards this?
I kept it when I traded my 2014 F150. I installed it in my 2017 Raptor, removed it and installed it in my 2020 Raptor.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I ask a dumb question? Is there any concern about using the bed extender when you leave the tailgate down while driving with all the motors and such for the automatic tailgate?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm currently dealing with my second bad shipment of a Ford bed extender from Levittown. They've been great, but I don't know what to do at this point.

The first one I bought had everything I needed, minus one of the huge center bolts. They said for me to send the entire kit back, and they opened another box and said that both bolts were in the second kit. Great, I get the second kit, and yes, both center bolts are in there, yet now there's no black washers for this thing to rotate on. So I hop on the YouTube and sure enough, I see that some 2022's have threads, and some don't. What in the world... So I run out and look at mine, and I don't have threads.

What the kit did come with, was these pressed-together washer-nut things which don't even freakin' thread on to the bolt. I get the logistics of it, but it just doesn't go. Impact wrench and all, it ain't going. See picture below.

Anyway, so now I have this second kit and can't use it, even it I went to Lowe's like the guy in the video above, as I don't have the large black washers and it's not 'tight' even if it were to be able to be installed. I'm hitting up my dealer tomorrow in person to see if they can scrounge up something, so maybe I can poke around their lot and see what their trucks use if one has a factory extender in it.

dJToarZhQc_PGSXZ6Bba66iEhkBTtE=s1934-no?authuser=0.jpg

I can only imagine that this is what's supposed to be holding the bed extender on. The large washer presses against the bed, behind the taillight, easily enough. But the threads aren't matching. Ain't understand over here.