2022 Bed Extender?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doverrover

Reaction score
Who installed a bed extender for their 2022? There are no threads for the center pin to screw into. I've ordered the extender from ford and having a local dealer install it (only $20) so I'm curious on how they are going to attach the center pin...

RaptorTX

Reaction score
I had a Ford OEM bed extender on my 2019 F250 and the center bolts just screw in and thread it as they go. I’m sure it’s probably the same for your application.

OP
OP
D

doverrover

Reaction score
I had a Ford OEM bed extender on my 2019 F250 and the center bolts just screw in and thread it as they go. I’m sure it’s probably the same for your application.
Negative. The center hole on '22 is now hollow. You can literally stick your finger in there and touch the tail light wires....

MrLiou168

Reaction score
Same question here... let us know how this works out. I started a thread a few weeks ago and some members said there is no hole there at all.

bzogster

Reaction score
This is a one time removal of the tail lights I assume? Surely it’s not every time you want to put in the bed extender…

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The swing out bed storage from Undercover requires you to remove a taillight as well.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a one time removal of the tail lights I assume? Surely it’s not every time you want to put in the bed extender…
I don't remove mine. 95% of the time it gets used as a bed divider.

SAM_0566.JPG

OP
OP
D

doverrover

Reaction score
If you need to take out the extender completely then yes, you need to remove the center pin which looks like it will require to remove the tail light in order to remove the nut that holds the center pin.