2022 800a value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockeyman70s

Reaction score
Hey all. Have the opportunity to buy a a new 22 800a and getting cold feet. After taxes and interest in the loan these things get pretty expensive. I do need to make a call on it asap. Worst comes to worst what do we think resale will be like? Especially with maybe a recession coming up in the near future. Thanks!

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Have the opportunity to buy a a new 22 800a and getting cold feet. After taxes and interest in the loan these things get pretty expensive. I do need to make a call on it asap. Worst comes to worst what do we think resale will be like? Especially with maybe a recession coming up in the near future. Thanks!
If you can get it for MSRP, buy it, drive it for a month and see if you think it's worth the money. If you don't like it after a month, you can sell it for more than you paid.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Don’t cough up an ADM for it, not even a dollar. Options ~= resale value. While we have an inflated market right now, that won’t last forever and when the market begins to tank for Raptors, the lesser optioned models will command less. That doesn’t make them worth less, it is just a function of the resale market. 800A is plenty capable.

OP
OP
H

Hockeyman70s

Reaction score
They were asking 7k over msrp, talked them down to 1k. After taxes reg etc Ill be around 7-8 k over sticker price. Just fearing that the market drops out with gas prices, recession and the raptor R coming out.

PRod

Reaction score
I echo all these guys, if its MSRP buy it, walk at the dealer mark up. However, here is where I contradict myself haha. If you really talked them down to $1k ADM, and everything else checks out paper work wise, then take that. Nice work on negotiations. These ADM are a lot more than $1k, that will shake out to nothing in the long run.

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I echo all these guys, if its MSRP buy it, walk at the dealer mark up. However, here is where I contradict myself haha. If you really talked them down to $1k ADM, and everything else checks out paper work wise, then take that. Nice work on negotiations. These ADM are a lot more than $1k, that will shake out to nothing in the long run.
Buy it

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
800a will hold value as a percentage of purchase price better than the 801a if history is any guide. Buy it. C'mon, Beev, pull the trigger. :)

pjbeats

Reaction score
If you have to borrow money to buy a vehicle that is not ideal. But you are asking opinions so there it is. Don’t be blind to the fact that you will have to repay the borrowed amount with some sort of interest rate, 3M, window tint, rear wheel well spray or covers etc. at a minimum. Just things to consider. There is always $5-10k over and above the sticker if you plan to keep it, without adding dealer markup usually to factor in. Just my 2 cents.