2022 800A Rapid Red for Sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what happens to Raptor demand. I predict inflation, the recent $3,300 price hike and soaring gasoline prices are going slow Raptor demand.
I hope so, I want the R my final new truck purchase. Seen the Denali all electric prototype sorry to say it is pretty nice.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the OP sold this truck to Vroom. They listed an 800A Rapid Red with 1,100 miles this morning - and it's a sweet deal! It's only $88k. :rolleyes:

I pulled the original window sticker for reference - it was $69,595. It has Convenience, Torsen, Spray Bedliner, and AutoStop Delete.

Strap in boys - it isn't pretty out there. That's almost a $20k ADM on a USED base trim Raptor...

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming the OP sold this truck to Vroom. They listed an 800A Rapid Red with 1,100 miles this morning - and it's a sweet deal! It's only $88k. :rolleyes:

I pulled the original window sticker for reference - it was $69,595. It has Convenience, Torsen, Spray Bedliner, and AutoStop Delete.

Strap in boys - it isn't pretty out there. That's almost a $20k ADM on a USED base trim Raptor...
On new vehicles most banks ltv is below msrp and depends on your credit score. You'll need to a minimum 25k or more down for a 88k raptor with an ltv below 70k on new vehicle. Not sure on used. 2 years from now the buyer's guaranteed negative equity if the truck's market value is 60k.

Last edited:

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On new vehicles most banks ltv is below msrp and depends on your credit score. You'll need to a minimum 25k or more down for a 88k raptor with an ltv below 70k on new vehicle. Not sure on used. 2 years from now the buyer's guaranteed negative equity if the truck's market value is 60k.
Without a doubt any buyer will be looking at negative equity in the future. And as you mentioned, most banks cap LTV around 115-120% (vs MSRP on new and books values on used). However, in the instance of a used truck, the books actually support a 'value' in this crazy range, so a buyer may potentially be able to purchase this truck without a significant of money out of pocket. Banks are pretty transactional when it comes to auto loans. The MSRP of this truck is essentially irrelevant to the bank - they are only looking at its current value, which according to the books, is between $85-90k.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt any buyer will be looking at negative equity in the future. And as you mentioned, most banks cap LTV around 115-120% (vs MSRP on new and books values on used). However, in the instance of a used truck, the books actually support a 'value' in this crazy range, so a buyer may potentially be able to purchase this truck without a significant of money out of pocket. Banks are pretty transactional when it comes to auto loans. The MSRP of this truck is essentially irrelevant to the bank - they are only looking at its current value, which according to the books, is between $85-90k.
If that's the case, now I see how so many people end up "upside down" on loans.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's the case, now I see how so many people end up "upside down" on loans.
Yep. I think it's almost criminal what the banks will allow.

Think of it this way. A new Black Label Navigator is about $100k MSRP. TT&L in Texas would be about $7k on that. If you were to buy GAP insurance, warranty, etc - maybe some BS dealers adds like Nitrogen and door edge guards and whatever else... That could easily get you to $110-115k.

Under normal circumstances, your vehicle would depreciate 10-15% the day you buy it (not in today's market but maybe when supply and demand isn't so out of whack).

In that case, when you walk out to the door you'll owe $110k on a vehicle that's truly worth $90k. And that's exactly how people get so upside down. But if you have good credit, the bank will happily advance you 115% of the MSRP... The bigger the loan, the more they make in interest...

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Automobiles are a depreciating asset minus a few exceptions such as Porsche GT3’s, some V8 Mustang trims, etc.

It will get interesting when the smoke clears and vehicle inventory and pricing gets back to normal is 2-3 years.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep. I think it's almost criminal what the banks will allow. ... The bigger the loan, the more they make in interest...
It's not the banks fault. Blame the parents. Blame the schools. The way to keep people from acting stupid is to help them be less stupid.

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the banks fault. Blame the parents. Blame the schools. The way to keep people from acting stupid is to help them be less stupid.
I was just going to say the same thing. Would crack me up back in the housing bubble fiasco of the mid 2000’s when people would tell me “my bank says I can afford this“.