2022 37 package "In Production" since March

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GR8 WHITE

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm in the same purgatory as many of you, and it's very frustrating. My 2022 37PP was ordered on 10/29 at MSRP (and the dealer honored price protection) and was built the week of 3/21. I've spoken to Ford Performance via chat several times over the past few months and I'm getting the same verbiage "Delay at Plant, On Hold." They did confirm that my truck has been assembled. My sales rep told me the Vehicle Visibility Report shows the same thing. I can't get any other information about my truck other than that right now. My ETA to the dealer keeps getting pushed back over and over again. And, yes it's super infuriating to hear that trucks that were ordered and built after mine are getting the semiconductor chips as they conveniently roll across the assembly line at just the right time, especially the dealer stock trucks. Ford really needs to address this growing problem. I'm not happy knowing my fully assembled truck has been parked in some remote holding lot and seemingly forgotten about since March waiting on chips. Who knows how long it will sit there in the elements, slowly turning into a "used" truck. By the time I finally get my truck, the 2023's will be close behind. But perhaps the most frustrating part of all this is Ford's severe lack of communication throughout this process. They are leaving their paying customers completely in the dark. They know they can do better, but simply choose not to. The only good thing in all this is I still love to daily drive my 2014 Raptor with the 6.2L that I've owned since new. It's been a perfect truck. Really gonna miss the V8 since owning a Raptor R is just wishful thinking at this point. Do the right thing Ford and finish what you started....it's a sold unit to a high volume dealer for crying out loud!!

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm in the same purgatory as many of you, and it's very frustrating. My 2022 37PP was ordered on 10/29 at MSRP (and the dealer honored price protection) and was built the week of 3/21. I've spoken to Ford Performance via chat several times over the past few months and I'm getting the same verbiage "Delay at Plant, On Hold." They did confirm that my truck has been assembled. My sales rep told me the Vehicle Visibility Report shows the same thing. I can't get any other information about my truck other than that right now. My ETA to the dealer keeps getting pushed back over and over again. And, yes it's super infuriating to hear that trucks that were ordered and built after mine are getting the semiconductor chips as they conveniently roll across the assembly line at just the right time, especially the dealer stock trucks. Ford really needs to address this growing problem. I'm not happy knowing my fully assembled truck has been parked in some remote holding lot and seemingly forgotten about since March waiting on chips. Who knows how long it will sit there in the elements, slowly turning into a "used" truck. By the time I finally get my truck, the 2023's will be close behind. But perhaps the most frustrating part of all this is Ford's severe lack of communication throughout this process. They are leaving their paying customers completely in the dark. They know they can do better, but simply choose not to. The only good thing in all this is I still love to daily drive my 2014 Raptor with the 6.2L that I've owned since new. It's been a perfect truck. Really gonna miss the V8 since owning a Raptor R is just wishful thinking at this point. Do the right thing Ford and finish what you started....it's a sold unit to a high volume dealer for crying out loud!!
DITTO...even thought I already complained.. this is exactly how I feel..
at least you got to talk to your area rep.. I can't get that contact info. even the dealer is just ignoring me half the time saying the same thing... well, must be waiting on a part. No way, really? and now it just sitting there in some random lot far away from the plant.. ridiculous.. why even build it if you're not going to deliver in order of production.. if I was to wait anyway, should not of built it to just sit there and frustrate people. really loosing faith and interest TBH

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately you know now how some of us early adopters felt. ordered in june with a target build date of early aug... doesnt start being built until oct... sits in dearborn until february
this

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DITTO...even thought I already complained.. this is exactly how I feel..
at least you got to talk to your area rep.. I can't get that contact info. even the dealer is just ignoring me half the time saying the same thing... well, must be waiting on a part. No way, really? and now it just sitting there in some random lot far away from the plant.. ridiculous.. why even build it if you're not going to deliver in order of production.. if I was to wait anyway, should not of built it to just sit there and frustrate people. really loosing faith and interest TBH
Keep the faith! Hang in there. They say, “it’s really worth the wait.”

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Soo. I have to ask now.. who's they? the lucky few who got one? LOL
The vast majority on here who has spoken those words. Read through some of the posts when members take delivery and find that quote seems to be a running theme from new owners.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vast majority on here who has spoken those words. Read through some of the posts when members take delivery and find that quote seems to be a running theme from new owners.
Take a look back at the 9/27 or 10/18 build week threads . A lot of us said those same words. And yes its worth the wait.

JTFrisco

Reaction score
I ordered my truck on November 11th of 2021. I just picked it up on June 17th, 2022 (last Friday). Mine sat in a rail yard in Mesquite Texas for three weeks, then sat another week at a trucking hub. When it was delivered, it had 19 miles on the ODO, all from shipping. The dealership employees did not drive the truck. The entire process was agonizingly slow, and I understand why some choose to accept dealer ADM's in exchange for immediate delivery of their desired vehicle.

Regarding your Plant Hold situation: According to a Ford regional manager who is friends with my son, Plant Hold means the vehicle in question is likely missing parts. When this happens, FOMOCO is at the mercy of the supply chain. I understand how exciting it is to get the message that your truck is being produced, and how infuriating it must have been for you to get this terrible news. I feel your pain. I will leave you with this. My seven month wait ended being worth it in the end. I got the truck I wanted at a fair price. I encourage you to hang in there. You will get your truck.

Luminarida

Reaction score
Same here. In production since 3/3 and no word or update. I've had my Ford Pass declined 3 times so far. It's just frustrating that I ordered a '22 4R TRD PRO in December, exactly one month after I ordered the raptor, and it was built, shipped (from Japan), and delivered to me at the end of January while FORD factory/logistics can't deliver a truck that was built here in the state in a timely manner. Even with all the parts shortages how are other makes able to deliver vehicles 5 months sooner than Ford. Shows you how terrible their process is.