2022 37 package "In Production" since March

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CptMorgan

Reaction score
I've been tracking my Gen 3 order online and with the dealer. Order "Confirmation" was October. "into production" on March 15 2022. Then nothing since. No Window Sticker either. Dealer enquiry shows "Delay - Plant Hold".

Has my new truck been sitting in a Dearborn parking lot for 3 months waiting for a garage door opener?
What are the chances this truck ever ships?
Has anyone seen their order cancelled after getting a VIN?

Thanks,
-Morgan

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately you know now how some of us early adopters felt. ordered in june with a target build date of early aug... doesnt start being built until oct... sits in dearborn until february

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been tracking my Gen 3 order online and with the dealer. Order "Confirmation" was October. "into production" on March 15 2022. Then nothing since. No Window Sticker either. Dealer enquiry shows "Delay - Plant Hold".

Has my new truck been sitting in a Dearborn parking lot for 3 months waiting for a garage door opener?
What are the chances this truck ever ships?
Has anyone seen their order cancelled after getting a VIN?

Thanks,
-Morgan
Have you reached out the Ford Performance, via phone or online chat, to get an idea of what ”plant hold” means?

OP
OP
CptMorgan

CptMorgan

Reaction score
I just called Ford Performance. Thanks for the suggestion. Wow, what a great group at Ford Performance. The guy answering the phone was happy to look up the build. But, they have the same status as the dealer: "Plant Hold", and no further details or explanation.

I expect the truck will eventually ship. So another summer driving the Gen2. It's not a hard life.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I wonder if they are prioritizing chips for the launch of the new Lightning and pushing Raptors to the back of the line.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines been 'in production' since March.. the Ford pass activated last month. Got all excited thinking it was going to 'finish'.. the tracker now shows it in the standby lot south of the plant standby lot.. so they drove it [now has 45 miles on it :mad:.. this part I still don't understand.. brand new ordered vehicle has more miles than the lot stock I bought in 18 that was test driven by two others.. kinda chaps my hide but, whatever] so this confirms that it's mostly built as it's obviously built enough to drive safely..?
just to park it in another lot. away from the factory.. how is it ever going to get what ever 'part' it's waiting for? every time I call FP, while yes, very friendly, does not have any insight into the information other than.. still 'in production'.. has a window sticker, says 'picked' for transport status, yet when the actual Ford tracker online works, it still shows 'in production' same as what FP will tell me every time I call. when I ask the dealer why it's now sitting in another lot, just sitting, again, he just says, well, probably 'waiting for parts'.. really? why is it that I see so many with the same order date, October, with a build in March, orig tentative delivery of april.. now still waiting..
Just sitting there, in sleep mode, know that cause ford pass sent an alert.. between Eureka rd and Leroy ave just west of jackson ave.. mapping on google does not make me feel ANY better about where this lot is.. to me it means that they are pumping out enough out of the dearborn to overflow the lot that's up there, where the truck sat for 2 1/2 months already.

Fish144

Reaction score
My october order 10/7, blend 3/27, sat in production 2 months. it has changed to built shipped in transit since then. Called today and the delivery moved up a week...expected next week. Getting hopeful. Hopefully you are soon.

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At LEAST you're in production and have a VIN#. I placed an ALLOCATED order October 14. Nothing yet but 2 emails from Ford. 1st was order confirmation. 2nd was a letter apologizing for delays.