2021 White 801a just picked up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so….I ordered a 800a without a 360 package. Up **** creek without a paddle. Live and learn. Cost to add OEM 360 package now would be ridiculous.
Or you could sell it back to dealer for a profit and order a ‘22. Seller’s market, right? ;)

Enrique Villalobos

Reaction score
View attachment 320977View attachment 320974View attachment 320975View attachment 320976Just picked up a white 801a. I live in VA and it was slim pickings for anything close to msrp. Finally found one in NC and they shipped to a sister dealer for me close by.

This is my first raptor and I was driving a 2016 Fx4 3.5.

First off. I love this thing. Here are my first 24hr impressions.

Break in:
I have no self discipline and it has a warranty so that’s out.

Engine/power:
Feels plenty quick for a truck with 35s and it is really aggressive and responsive in sport mode. Definitely will do a mean burnout and feels super controllable in oversteer. Don’t know about mpgs yet but seems to be pretty decent when I’m not standing on it.

Interior:
It’s really good and I like it. The tech is great the fit and finish is nothing life changing but it’s really nice. Radio doesn’t seem super loud like it won’t hurt your ears but does sound really good in terms of richness if that makes sense. (I’m a little deaf though so take that with a grain of salt). Doesn’t have the carbon fiber and I’m good with that. As people have mentioned the shifter isn’t the most confidence inspiring touchpoint on the truck. But the rest of it is amazing so I’ll give it a pass.
The Ford app said bluecruise was ready today but haven’t looked up or figured out how or where to use it.

Exterior:
It looks absolutely killer I think. This is exactly what I wanted minus the graphics. One thing I noticed is that in photographs it doesn’t look very aggressive especially the front and especially in white. However I had the opposite reaction in person it looks really good and really aggressive. The lights are bright AF. Like all of them the surround ones and the headlights and side markers. I like the wheels a lot actually even though they are the base ones. I’ll only change them if I go with an all black and a 20. The beadlocks don’t really do it for me so I was glad I didn’t have to pay 1800 for them.

I’m gonna have my buddy take the graphics off this weekend. Like the front they do look a lot better in person but they just don’t do it for me.

Suspension: Rides really smooth at highway speed and adaptive cruise works great.

Minor gripes:
It does seem like it has a little “clatter” over light bumps that is kind of hard to explain but my tires are at 47 psi now and I am going to lower the pressure and see if that works it out.

With lane keep and adaptive cruise on it constantly beeps at me to keep my hands on the wheel even when they are on the wheel. Which is annoying. But maybe it’s a bug that will get fixed in an update.

Anyway I’m in love with this thing it’s everything I wanted it to be.

Let’s see if I can figure the picture thing out here.

Attachments

• 2AE9F1E0-4737-4508-83E9-6D0207C1593E.jpeg
    2AE9F1E0-4737-4508-83E9-6D0207C1593E.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 83
  • 81AEB234-43D8-46E4-B9BE-2C6386276EF1.jpeg
    81AEB234-43D8-46E4-B9BE-2C6386276EF1.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 81

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so….I ordered a 800a without a 360 package. Up **** creek without a paddle. Live and learn. Cost to add OEM 360 package now would be ridiculous.
You'll be fine. It doesn't take much practice to learn where the corners are and where the tires are going. Pro tip - use something soft. I used a metal pole and a concrete post when I was learning on mine. The good news is that you learn fast when it costs a lot.

TheSkinMusket

Reaction score
I did the same. While I would probably get the 360 cam if I was to order it again, it’s not a huge deal. You get used to the size of the truck pretty quickly

J R

Reaction score
View attachment 320977View attachment 320974View attachment 320975View attachment 320976Just picked up a white 801a. I live in VA and it was slim pickings for anything close to msrp. Finally found one in NC and they shipped to a sister dealer for me close by.

This is my first raptor and I was driving a 2016 Fx4 3.5.

First off. I love this thing. Here are my first 24hr impressions.

Break in:
I have no self discipline and it has a warranty so that’s out.

Engine/power:
Feels plenty quick for a truck with 35s and it is really aggressive and responsive in sport mode. Definitely will do a mean burnout and feels super controllable in oversteer. Don’t know about mpgs yet but seems to be pretty decent when I’m not standing on it.

Interior:
It’s really good and I like it. The tech is great the fit and finish is nothing life changing but it’s really nice. Radio doesn’t seem super loud like it won’t hurt your ears but does sound really good in terms of richness if that makes sense. (I’m a little deaf though so take that with a grain of salt). Doesn’t have the carbon fiber and I’m good with that. As people have mentioned the shifter isn’t the most confidence inspiring touchpoint on the truck. But the rest of it is amazing so I’ll give it a pass.
The Ford app said bluecruise was ready today but haven’t looked up or figured out how or where to use it.

Exterior:
It looks absolutely killer I think. This is exactly what I wanted minus the graphics. One thing I noticed is that in photographs it doesn’t look very aggressive especially the front and especially in white. However I had the opposite reaction in person it looks really good and really aggressive. The lights are bright AF. Like all of them the surround ones and the headlights and side markers. I like the wheels a lot actually even though they are the base ones. I’ll only change them if I go with an all black and a 20. The beadlocks don’t really do it for me so I was glad I didn’t have to pay 1800 for them.

I’m gonna have my buddy take the graphics off this weekend. Like the front they do look a lot better in person but they just don’t do it for me.

Suspension: Rides really smooth at highway speed and adaptive cruise works great.

Minor gripes:
It does seem like it has a little “clatter” over light bumps that is kind of hard to explain but my tires are at 47 psi now and I am going to lower the pressure and see if that works it out.

With lane keep and adaptive cruise on it constantly beeps at me to keep my hands on the wheel even when they are on the wheel. Which is annoying. But maybe it’s a bug that will get fixed in an update.

Anyway I’m in love with this thing it’s everything I wanted it to be.

Let’s see if I can figure the picture thing out here.
Which dealer?