2021 Shocks claimed to have double the damping support as the Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely an increase in damping performance out of the shocks. Sounds as if they have also tuned the characteristics in the live valve assembly for more agressive offroad. Dont forget, the biggest difference is the rear end. Those coils will be far more linear than the leafs of previous generations, so, they will have to adjust according to that change as well.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Gen 3 FOX 3.1 Suspension can be retrofitted to Gen 2 ? Both the front struts and rear shocks look identical to the Gen 2

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Gen 3 FOX 3.1 Suspension can be retrofitted to Gen 2 ? Both the front struts and rear shocks look identical to the Gen 2

Even if they do physically fit, I wonder how compatible the extra electronics/tuning on the Gen 3 shocks would be able to work on a Gen 2.

I personally never really had much issues with the rear end feeling too light over bumps on the freeway, etc on my Gen 2