2021 Roush/Alcon Brake Kit Install Experience on 2020 gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morrisabm

Reaction score
Haha, this kit

everyone here probably bought the "last one"

as soon as someone purchases they have another automatically posted on Ebay.

kind of a "sales gimic" to push you over the edge and purchase.

I know it worked on me, making the purchase months earlier thinking I would miss out.

No regrets, just something I had noticed.
Yeah it was the same for me. Finally got mine on and am very happy with the way they turned out. Still need to swap rear brake lines and bleed the system again. Time is always finite.

Attachments

• 3A1B27AA-766B-4581-A3E7-D0F8BBE97D82.jpeg
    3A1B27AA-766B-4581-A3E7-D0F8BBE97D82.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 35

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was the same for me. Finally got mine on and am very happy with the way they turned out. Still need to swap rear brake lines and bleed the system again. Time is always finite.
Any issues stuffing these in the icon wheels?

Morrisabm

Reaction score
It’s super tight but I used the 7mm spacers and all fit fine. Def not going to run them without the spacers. It’d be nice to have a wheel that didn’t need them. I’m going to have to watch tire shops mount my wheels to make sure they get put back on correctly.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To add to this thread - I have the first gen alcons with the 2 bolt mounts... anyway, I just replaced my pads. The OE alcon pads had about 15k miles on them when 1 of the 4 pads had the wear indicator worn down. The other 3 pads still had a bit of life left, I probably could have squeezed 3-5k miles out of them but my OCD was buggered. Alcon now has a new pad compound (in addition to the one that comes with the brakes) that apparently lasts 30% to 40% longer and has slight less stopping power. This is the replacement I went for. Got them installed yesterday, will report back with some time with them. They are only a few bucks more too. The odd thing is, no slot for wear indication on these and also, the backside of the pad is a clear sticker. You peel off the sticker paper and I was told this is for anti squeal. https://alconusa.com/collections/br...-f-150-tacoma-replacement-front-pads-low-wear

See the pad on the left, wear indicator is gone. For some reason this caliper had mismatched wear, I think the worn pad was defective...

u0DARFBS194AzoSB1__M39YU=w1434-h1910-no?authuser=0.jpg

New pads installed - you must remove the entire caliper from the bracket to get the pads out - makes it much more time consuming, have to add loctite etc.

-iNh5RWgINCrFmGEcvU0fb1A=w1434-h1910-no?authuser=0.jpg

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you end up getting the backets to mount the front ALCONs. I bought the ALCON Roush set from ebay back in December. Then ordered the brackets from trotl.com on 5 December and they still have not showed up. Brakes sitting in boxs for 13 weeks now. Any good leads on the brackets are appreciated. ALCON BSK4415X618

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did you end up getting the backets to mount the front ALCONs. I bought the ALCON Roush set from ebay back in December. Then ordered the brackets from trotl.com on 5 December and they still have not showed up. Brakes sitting in boxs for 13 weeks now. Any good leads on the brackets are appreciated. ALCON BSK4415X618
Directly from Alcon...