2021 Roush/Alcon Brake Kit Install Experience on 2020 gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigTaco

Reaction score
This is the best write up for these Roush/Alcon kits. Thank you for this. I have the same kit (kind of) and purchased the Alcon Rod ends. I also purchased Crown Brake lines as well. I had my Calipers refinished to remove the Roush Branding with an Alcon logo in Leadfoot with a Fox Shocks orange Alcon “crescent” for what I think looks OEM for the truck. I hope to get these installed before Thanksgiving. Crown is going to make up rear lines for me once I can provide them with OEM samples that they said can be notified and tested/DOT certified for use. Interestingly enough, no one makes rear lines for Gen 2 Raptors. Most of the kits only come with the front and mid lines (the pair that hang above the axle) but no rear lines.

Attachments

• 44DE330F-3CBF-4118-B2E9-5D2662A323B0.jpeg
    44DE330F-3CBF-4118-B2E9-5D2662A323B0.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
Zeusmotorworks

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice write up man. Definitely pushing me towards doing this. I really want to put those brackets into CAD and see if I can make some aluminum ones to shed some of the weight or at least cerekote those steel brackets.

I think I would add stainless lines at the same time.
Was going to do the lines but didn’t know anyone had a full kit yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zeusmotorworks

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the best write up for these Roush/Alcon kits. Thank you for this. I have the same kit (kind of) and purchased the Alcon Rod ends. I also purchased Crown Brake lines as well. I had my Calipers refinished to remove the Roush Branding with an Alcon logo in Leadfoot with a Fox Shocks orange Alcon “crescent” for what I think looks OEM for the truck. I hope to get these installed before Thanksgiving. Crown is going to make up rear lines for me once I can provide them with OEM samples that they said can be notified and tested/DOT certified for use. Interestingly enough, no one makes rear lines for Gen 2 Raptors. Most of the kits only come with the front and mid lines (the pair that hang above the axle) but no rear lines.

Glad, hope it helps someone. Got tired of searching for the info I knew was in the other threads but spread about.

I figured I’d try it without the lines first based on the claims of reduced travel and better pedal feel. Will do them when I find a full kit I like.

Calipers look good

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not be comfortable with the tie rods that close to the rotor. That is how mine were and replaced them.

OP
OP
Zeusmotorworks

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not be comfortable with the tie rods that close to the rotor. That is how mine were and replaced them.
I am not and looking at options now. On the flip side I’m also not a fan of the usual heims on a daily driver. The service longevity is just not there for me having a 100 mile commute to my retirement gig.

BigTaco

Reaction score
I am not and looking at options now. On the flip side I’m also not a fan of the usual heims on a daily driver. The service longevity is just not there for me having a 100 mile commute to my retirement gig.
Heim joints can work but they require regular maintenance. It’s as simple as good lubrication and replacement of the rod ends every other year or so (maybe longer). I feel it’s worth the trade off for the performance and, ironically, durability (in hard off roading).

OP
OP
Zeusmotorworks

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The service interval depends on mileage/duty cycle. After using them in various platforms they just aren't for ME on a daily driver. Granted its been a while but doubt they are manufactured with different materials these days. But I could be wrong. It's been at least a decade.

Last edited:

Morrisabm

Reaction score
Did you have a powder coat done or another method for the new finish on these? I’ve got a set on order and want the Roush off as well.