2021 Raptor Walkaround at Barrett Jackson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the upgrades but still nothing says I got to have that....until the upgrade is V8, that will probably make it a 'I got to have it'..

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree 100 %! Love the color but the truck front end is hideous in darker colors.... great upgrades across the board though!

I’ve only seen it in pics but some pics the lead foot looks great others not so much. I am all in on code orange and performance blue. I suppose it will grow on us. I am intrigued by the tech that went into the 37” but are weary of what appears to be a velour blue option package to get the 37. We will see how it shakes out.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Digging the anti matter blue. All the tuner kids are siced for that full 3inch exhaust

I want one. Predicting 500/500 hp/tq

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the upgrades but still nothing says I got to have that....until the upgrade is V8, that will probably make it a 'I got to have it'..

i keep saying it....but I’ll ask again, from a company that CLEARLY avoids designing/engineering/producing/implementing V8s....& yet used to use them across all their lineup wherever applicable in the not so distant past, can you not get the hint? Would you keep pursuing the ********* who kept having to babysit or play softball every time you asked her out?

because BELIEVE me- if Ford thought that their V8 engines were superior to their boosted 4s & especially 6s, they’d definitely be using the V8 in more vehicles, they don’t even use ONE V8 throughout the entire Lincoln brand. Compare that to BMW, Lexus, Dodge, Audi, & GM- all brands that ALSO have gravitated toward smaller displacement boosted engines but still employ a healthy dose of V8s in their model range.....what do you think that says?

do you think it says that Ford has the utmost confidence in their V8 engines? Do you think it means Ford thinks they make an industry leading V8? Do you think it means Ford makes a plethora of V8 engines that would be suitable across a variety of platforms w/o concern for increased warranty/reliability issues? Cuz I certainly F’n don’t. The writing is on the wall.

read it.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ugh, reading is fundamental, comprehension is not.
First, I didn't bash ecoboost, I said I wouldn't get a gen 3 without a V8...I love my Gen 2. I see no reason to give Ford 80k for what I already basically have in my driveway.

But no, the writing on the wall Ford and all makers are reading is CAFE standards and market demand for better MPG. You don't get improvements either of those with a V8. V8 is not the future.

It has nothing to do with Fords confidence in the v8.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't hear his muffled voice, stopped video after a few seconds. Take off the mask cuck, you are not within 6 feet of someone. Reporters/Journalists do it all the time.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ugh, reading is fundamental, comprehension is not.
First, I didn't bash ecoboost, I said I wouldn't get a gen 3 without a V8...I love my Gen 2. I see no reason to give Ford 80k for what I already basically have in my driveway.

But no, the writing on the wall Ford and all makers are reading is CAFE standards and market demand for better MPG. You don't get improvements either of those with a V8. V8 is not the future.

It has nothing to do with Fords confidence in the v8.

Oh yeah? So Ford....w/ the all aluminum vehicles they produce already to reduce weight to help meet CAFE regs...why is it that THEY are the company without ONE V8 engine across their entire luxury lineup....or ENTIRE SUV lineup across ALL brands....and not GM, Toyota, Ford, or Nissan....all of whom DIDNT bother w/ the full AL body design yet STILL are able to employ all kinds of V8 powered vehicles across multiple lineups?

why is that?

Why is it that GM & Dodge & Toyota w/ their “heavy” ass trucks/luxury cars/sedans -does Ford even make a performance sedan....let alone a sedan period? (Answer- no.) why don’t they have any V8 options? Even smaller displacement boosted V8s (cough Audi BMW Cadillac cough)

They don’t use a lot of V8s relative to ANY of their competitors b/c they KNOW their boosted 4s & 6s are more reliable, more well engineered, & already have the R&D & history behind them to back the majority of their vehicles, compete w/ the companies that do offer multiple V8s- and do so effectively w/ not “having” to offer one.

make no bones about it- GMs LS/LT/Ecotec & Dodges Hemi family >>>>>>>>>> coyote/modular nonsense. Always have been. Always will be. I ain’t mad about it & neither is Ford- only the diehard stubborn fanboys are.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok. Sure.
I still want a V8 Gen 3 Raptor.

You may want to check the percentage of sales that are truck by OEM, check CAFE calculations and realize why Ford needs to pull out all sorts of stops to raise MPGs.