2021 Raptor that previously rear ended someone.. Worth buying or stay away?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorOKC25

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wanted to get some fellow Raptor enthusiast opinions. I stumbled across a 2021 Raptor (pretty much fully loaded: 801A, Power Tech Package, Moonroof, Carbon Fiber + Forged 17" Wheel upgrade) with 14k miles on it for $88,500. Obviously that is still above MSRP of the truck, but what Gen3 Raptor isn't these days. It was reported by 1st owner in a wreck back in March 2022 with "Minor Damage" to the front-driver side, air bags did NOT deploy, which makes it sound like the driver rear-ended someone else. The title is still clean and repairs were made and pictures look great, but is that enough to dissuade you from purchasing? I'm sure I could leverage it a bit more to lower the price, but curious as to your thoughts!

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
I would want a copy of the repair sheet submitted to the insurance company for reimbursement so I could understand the extent of the damage.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wanted to get some fellow Raptor enthusiast opinions. I stumbled across a 2021 Raptor (pretty much fully loaded: 801A, Power Tech Package, Moonroof, Carbon Fiber + Forged 17" Wheel upgrade) with 14k miles on it for $88,500. Obviously that is still above MSRP of the truck, but what Gen3 Raptor isn't these days. It was reported by 1st owner in a wreck back in March 2022 with "Minor Damage" to the front-driver side, air bags did NOT deploy, which makes it sound like the driver rear-ended someone else. The title is still clean and repairs were made and pictures look great, but is that enough to dissuade you from purchasing? I'm sure I could leverage it a bit more to lower the price, but curious as to your thoughts!

Heck, I'll sell you my '22, with no wrecks, for a few bucks more. ;)

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll sell you my 2021 with 11,*** miles and no wrecks for that.

I doubt the damage was too severe as I’d think the parts wait would be pretty significant to get a heavily damaged 3rd gen Raptor repaired.

HighHP

Reaction score
Take it to a reputable body shop and have them inspect it. Also a copy of the repair bill would help.

Viral Peas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe if it was below MSRP it might be worth considering it but personally I think I would wait it out and find a clean Raptor to hit the market. If it were me, I think that anytime the front end started acting "weird" I would immediately think of that accident (regardless if it was really the cause or not).

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt pay over sticker. Maybe if it was a great deal but why pay over sticker on a wrecked truck?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$88,000 for a used truck that has been in an accident. The market and people are absolutely broken.