2021 Raptor Price list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're probably right, and at this point, I'm sure it's way too late for Ford to change it for 2021 even if they wanted to.

I don't think that it is. Ford actually just put on a brand new option for the F150 mid year. Unless there is some sort of common part for recaros and 37s, or they've ordered parts in batches, they could easily change the options and pricing. I'm not saying they will, but they could.

Still, the customer base can and should be vocal about issues like this.

I think the point was that forum complaints are not going to get as much attention as direct complaints or complaints through dealers.

And yes, I know why they bundled it with the 37s, but it's not like they couldn't have made a more neutral interior instead of the blue/orange.

Just seems like a strange decision overall. I'd love to read the feedback from whatever focus groups they had review the design.

I would guess that there is always a tough call with these design teams to go with more neutral, broadly accepted options, or to be more risky bold picking something that might not appeal to as many. It's funny as the Gen 3 has often been accused of not being different enough from the Gen 2...that's it's really Gen 2.5. It's not bold enough. At the same time, the choice of orange in the interior of every Raptor is thought of as too bold. I can see why they didn't want to go with red, since that is used in the TRX, but it's not like they didn't go with red on the steering wheel already. Or they could have switched to blue....or white, or grey.

Personally, I want a standard base with bold options, so I can choose what I think works for me. I suppose Ford isn't too keen on that idea since options raises costs, and my potentially bad choices could result in lower resale value, hurting the brand. But it's not like a lot of people are going to throw in a ton of aftermarket mods anyway.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
I don't think that it is. Ford actually just put on a brand new option for the F150 mid year. Unless there is some sort of common part for recaros and 37s, or they've ordered parts in batches, they could easily change the options and pricing. I'm not saying they will, but they could.

I think the point was that forum complaints are not going to get as much attention as direct complaints or complaints through dealers.

I would guess that there is always a tough call with these design teams to go with more neutral, broadly accepted options, or to be more risky bold picking something that might not appeal to as many. It's funny as the Gen 3 has often been accused of not being different enough from the Gen 2...that's it's really Gen 2.5. It's not bold enough. At the same time, the choice of orange in the interior of every Raptor is thought of as too bold. I can see why they didn't want to go with red, since that is used in the TRX, but it's not like they didn't go with red on the steering wheel already. Or they could have switched to blue....or white, or grey.

Personally, I want a standard base with bold options, so I can choose what I think works for me. I suppose Ford isn't too keen on that idea since options raises costs, and my potentially bad choices could result in lower resale value, hurting the brand. But it's not like a lot of people are going to throw in a ton of aftermarket mods anyway.

I meant too late to add a different color Recaro interior, not to remove them entirely.

As for hurting the brand, which scenario will cause more damage:

- Having 100% of your fully-loaded vehicles in one, very polarizing, widely-disliked interior

or

- Offering two interior options on the top-end, and thereby having a much smaller percentage of the polarizing option in the trucks?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I meant too late to add a different color Recaro interior, not to remove them entirely.

I agree on this.

As for hurting the brand, which scenario will cause more damage:

- Having 100% of your fully-loaded vehicles in one, very polarizing, widely-disliked interior

or

- Offering two interior options on the top-end, and thereby having a much smaller percentage of the polarizing option in the trucks?

Not the context of my comment at all. I completely agree that forcing blue interior on those who want factory 37s is going to turn away more customers than it will attract...hurting the brand.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is too late. They haven't even begun production, not to mention most manufacturers don't stockpile parts any more. Proof with current parts shortages.

I wonder how many past blue Recaro purchases were custom orders from buyers vs. dealership orders? My guess is that most were ordered by dealers to put on their lot.

I don't NEED a new Raptor, but I may WANT one to get the 37s and other improvements. If they stick to blue Recaros with 37s I will wait to see if black interiors become available with a 37 package in the future. If not, my 2019 will serve me just fine.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I'm ready for the blue, because after seeing more detailed views of it online, I don't think its quite as bad as all the hate its getting here...But that being said...I just sat in a TRX today...and wow, NICE BLACK interior...all quality pieces, no cheap (except door handle) pieces to be found...you can almost validate the pricing...its pretty friggin nice...

Blue....or black...humm....

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
While I'm ready for the blue, because after seeing more detailed views of it online, I don't think its quite as bad as all the hate its getting here...But that being said...I just sat in a TRX today...and wow, NICE BLACK interior...all quality pieces, no cheap (except door handle) pieces to be found...you can almost validate the pricing...its pretty friggin nice...

Blue....or black...humm....

I dunno, my friend. Could you really look at this every time you had to turn around?

I bet it looks even more ridiculous in true daylight.

2021-Ford-F-150-Raptor-57.jpg

2021-Ford-F-150-Raptor-47.jpg

And then this one, showcasing all the colors/materials of the cabin in one glorious shot -

Blue leather, blue suede, orange stitching, brushed aluminum, black vinyl, black plastic, and... carbon fiber?

Not a traditional combination, for sure.

2021-Ford-F-150-Raptor-51.jpg

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it is too late. They haven't even begun production, not to mention most manufacturers don't stockpile parts any more. Proof with current parts shortages.

Switching from blue to black (or other color recaros) is too late. I don't think it would just be a matter of changing out dyes or something, but would probably require some other design tasks. I don't see them sticking with orange stitching on black. And I would bet that seats and interior parts will start production before the truck is builit up to build up some inventory. Possibly already started.

I think it's generally agreed that Ford could change up their options/packages still.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno, my friend. Could you really look at this every time you had to turn around?

I bet it looks even more ridiculous in true daylight.

View attachment 167733

View attachment 167734

And then this one, showcasing all the colors/materials of the cabin in one glorious shot -

Blue leather, blue suede, orange stitching, brushed aluminum, black vinyl, black plastic, and... carbon fiber?

Not a traditional combination, for sure.

View attachment 167735
Well my rear seats are up at all times, as I have my Dog crate in the back....so I won't see that when I turn around...BUT...It does look worse than what I see online...it kind of looks "cheap"

Man...maybe that heavy TRX is closer than I thought...

Your a real bastard you know that...getting a grown man to have second thoughts about his planned purchase...:893Chainsaw-Smilie-:biggun::Big Laugh:

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Well my rear seats are up at all times, as I have my Dog crate in the back....so I won't see that when I turn around...BUT...It does look worse than what I see online...it kind of looks "cheap"

Man...maybe that heavy TRX is closer than I thought...

Your a real bastard you know that...getting a grown man to have second thoughts about his planned purchase...:893Chainsaw-Smilie-:biggun::Big Laugh:

Curious to see what it'll look like in the ford.com configurator.

Hell, I don't even like the fact that the shocks on this truck will be orange.. vastly prefer neutral, like silver on the TRX. Blue on Gen 1 wasn't terrible, don't know what Gen 2 is.