2021 Raptor order experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpd510

Reaction score
For the last few months, I've been putting in the legwork talking to every Ford Dealer in Houston and surrounding areas. The single biggest takeaway is "they don't know shit about what Ford is doing" I've gotten 20 different answers about allocations from every person I talked to. I put down a deposit with a Dealership in the area a month ago and when allocations came out 2 days ago they were all surprised about the scarcity of the 37 packages. I received calls from just about all the Dealers that I spoke with. most changed their tune about ADM. luckily I got the 37 with the one I had a deposit with so he says. The bottom line is they don't know anything and make up stories to make you think they do.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the last few months, I've been putting in the legwork talking to every Ford Dealer in Houston and surrounding areas. The single biggest takeaway is "they don't know **** about what Ford is doing" I've gotten 20 different answers about allocations from every person I talked to. I put down a deposit with a Dealership in the area a month ago and when allocations came out 2 days ago they were all surprised about the scarcity of the 37 packages. I received calls from just about all the Dealers that I spoke with. most changed their tune about ADM. luckily I got the 37 with the one I had a deposit with so he says. The bottom line is they don't know anything and make up stories to make you think they do.
I also placed an order with a local Ford dealer in late June. they said the I should get a VIN in August and then a build date 3-6months from my order but could not know for sure. So I am just saving money for the downpayment, I did get it for MSRP in the Atlanta metro area. Went to a dealer where we had bought several other vehicles so we had a history of purchasing, which helped. Only other thing I searched for was a less than ridiculous dealer prep fee, some of these gouging &*$#/s are wanting $1000 for that piece of nothing.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 2018, I contacted about 20 dealers.

Some got back to me, knew what they were talking about, but didn't have any remaining allocations. However, there were more than a few that contacted me and just wanted to chat. They couldn't get what I wanted, but I think they wanted to appear to be working. Some were completely clueless.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
No new news there...most dealers are typically worthless. But with all of the supply chain issues, it's 10x fold today. Granted, it's mostly Ford not giving answers to dealers at this point. They are all worthless :)

Place your order, grab your ankles, lube up and enjoy the ride.

Sanibel

Reaction score
I have the same question, re: Will orders for 2021 Raptor be pushed back to 2022? My dealer provided my Vin # and order number, Priority 19. I've read here that I should be able to download my window sticker with that information, but seems inaccurate. I was just on line with a Ford rep and was told the window sticker won't be available until they start the build.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same question, re: Will orders for 2021 Raptor be pushed back to 2022? My dealer provided my Vin # and order number, Priority 19. I've read here that I should be able to download my window sticker with that information, but seems inaccurate. I was just on line with a Ford rep and was told the window sticker won't be available until they start the build.
if you have a vin it will be built as a 2021. you need to call ford performance with your vin and they will give you build week. about a wqeek out from that week you can get your sticker

zapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just relocated to the US from Germany.
US dealership experience sucks big time, but I also don't know how it was before covid..
Just right now, I feel I start to consider Tesla just because they have a modern pricing and sales strategy..

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I just relocated to the US from Germany.
US dealership experience sucks big time, but I also don't know how it was before covid..
Just right now, I feel I start to consider Tesla just because they have a modern pricing and sales strategy..
Well you can always go back to Germany if US doesn't meet your standards.