2021 Raptor not any time soon..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well better late than never. I don't drive my truck too often but the daily is on stands while I do the brakes so I finally was able to swing by my neighbor's and grab some photos of the trucks together. It is a 37 package truck, it's mostly loaded out. The front bumper/skid plate is damaged so disregard that, this is a development truck for Ford and it's been used for lots of abusive off road testing.

View attachment 168491

View attachment 168492

View attachment 168493

View attachment 168494

View attachment 168495
Personally I don’t see where y’all are coming from with the front end hate. I think it’s a pretty truck, both of them are. Ford has screwed the pooch on a lot this release but the exterior aesthetic is not one of those things IMO. It’s an aggressive, domineering vehicle which is what its drivers want.

puffyshirt

Reaction score
No, sorry he had some work stuff in there and I didn't think it'd be the best idea to take photos of that. He opened it up and I did look inside though. It seems pretty nice but the jump from the gen 1 to gen 2 interior is much more significant than going from gen 2 to gen 3. The only super huge improvement (to me) is the large touch screen in the center of the dash. Also, it looks like Ford is now offering under seat storage bins in the rear now too which is super useful.
Thanks much for sharing these pics. Most interesting post in quite a while. While I understand why you didn't take any pics, do you have thoughts on how the 'blue' looked in real life? thanks again!

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks much for sharing these pics. Most interesting post in quite a while. While I understand why you didn't take any pics, do you have thoughts on how the 'blue' looked in real life? thanks again!

It didn't stick out to me at first, which is a good thing in my book but I definitely would prefer black over the blue but that's my preference. The material quality seemed on par for a vehicle of it's intended price point etc. and given that it's a pre production unit that also says a lot because normally pre prod vehicles are super lacking in fit and finish compared to production vehicles.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I don’t see where y’all are coming from with the front end hate. I think it’s a pretty truck, both of them are. Ford has screwed the pooch on a lot this release but the exterior aesthetic is not one of those things IMO. It’s an aggressive, domineering vehicle which is what its drivers want.
I think it looks much less aggressive than the gen 2. But I like that. The more it looks like a regular F-150, the better. I don't want people noticing my truck.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. The front end on the new Gen 3 is awesome. it is very aggressive and more modern than the old Gen 2’s. The entire exterior aesthetics are a very nice modern upgrade compared to the older truck. The new fully digital Instrument dash is super cool. The interior and Dash in my Gen 2 was heavily outdated! It was way overdue for an overhaul.

Looking for to getting into the Gen 3.

Last edited:

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Not bad. But i’m just not feeling it. Lost its aggressiveness