2021 Raptor-Leadfoot Fender Flares …should I paint to match body color ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

So I am trying to not see a FORD Superduty when I look At my Raptor…I like Super Duty‘s fine…I just loVe the the once athletic look of the Gen 1 and Gen 2’s….In any case—Like my 2018 Raptor…I have decided on Leadfoot —One of my fenders was damaged during shipping so I guess I will be replacing a fender …I am considering painting the fender flares (matching lead foot) and a small amount of surrounding Bumper surface are(leadfoot) as well.

I took my 2018 raptor on dirt roads and trails often and I was very impressed with the fender flares and bumper paint being chip resistant….

Is painting the fender flares a recipe for chipped paint?

Attachments

• A2FE7064-A431-47A8-A9FB-E262E2683F6F.png
    A2FE7064-A431-47A8-A9FB-E262E2683F6F.png
    913.3 KB · Views: 524

Cmart

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

So I am trying to not see a FORD Superduty when I look At my Raptor…I like Super Duty‘s fine…I just loVe the the once athletic look of the Gen 1 and Gen 2’s….In any case—Like my 2018 Raptor…I have decided on Leadfoot —One of my fenders was damaged during shipping so I guess I will be replacing a fender …I am considering painting the fender flares (matching lead foot) and a small amount of surrounding Bumper surface are(leadfoot) as well.

I took my 2018 raptor on dirt roads and trails often and I was very impressed with the fender flares and bumper paint being chip resistant….

Is painting the fender flares a recipe for chipped paint?
Check out this vid. I love the subtle color match updates.
Akin Ford in GA does some nice builds.

jeenyus

Reaction score
There’s a guy on the Facebook group that has done it. (He may be a member here as well). Could take a look at that to get a general idea of how it would look. In my opinion, it’s better without matching. You’ll go from looking like a SD to looking like a regular F150. Do what makes you happy though, of course.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^assume this is the truck from fb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-194431_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-194431_Facebook.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 354

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you’re going to haunt local starbucks to impress millennial chicks, sure but if you’re going to go off road, they’re going to get scuffed. If they’re painted to match it’s going to bug you every time you look at it.

Besides, why would paint match the fender flares to primer grey? seems weird ;-)

seriously- there are some users here who’ve paint matched, but I don’t recall a LF Rap done that way.