2021 Raptor-Leadfoot Fender Flares …should I paint to match body color ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the stock flares on the Gen 3 painted? I am thinking about having the flares Rhino blasted black along with the hood and Snugtop. Any opinions would be helpful?

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don’t care either way about the fender flares painted, but I love the way the indoraptor grille is painted gloss black, and the 3rd brakelight painted black looks sick. I want that.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

So I am trying to not see a FORD Superduty when I look At my Raptor…I like Super Duty‘s fine…I just loVe the the once athletic look of the Gen 1 and Gen 2’s….In any case—Like my 2018 Raptor…I have decided on Leadfoot —One of my fenders was damaged during shipping so I guess I will be replacing a fender …I am considering painting the fender flares (matching lead foot) and a small amount of surrounding Bumper surface are(leadfoot) as well.

I took my 2018 raptor on dirt roads and trails often and I was very impressed with the fender flares and bumper paint being chip resistant….

Is painting the fender flares a recipe for chipped paint?
To answer your question, I don't think paint will hold up as well as the oem but you could use ppf on it to protect it.

speed77

Reaction score
I’m going to vote no as well. Especially with a white truck. The contrast with the fenders is great.

I am however interested in a black third brake light and tail lights similar to how it’s done on the indoraptor. Maybe not as dark as they’ve done it but has anyone seen any aftermarket tail lights that look decent?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan. I just think the contrast makes the truck. but if you like it then go for it. I contemplate just having them wrapped instead. at least if you change your mind all you need to do is remove them.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw this and liked it

Attachments

• 5ABB2CC6-CDD4-42D9-9F48-3A1A96373883.png
    5ABB2CC6-CDD4-42D9-9F48-3A1A96373883.png
    659.5 KB · Views: 86