2021 Raptor-Leadfoot Fender Flares …should I paint to match body color ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you do you...doesn't matter what any of us think. You will likely get paint chips which will be super annoying in the long run. The burly, off-road nature of the Raptor is what makes it a Raptor!! The IndoRaptor is not my cup of tea AT ALL but that's me. do what makes you happy :)

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about Line x fender flares. There is a place named Bullet Liner that claims if they totally wrap the plastic flares with Bullet Liner, it will stick. I called the corporate office and was told, if plastic is painted, it will stick. does anyone know if the fender flares are painted? It appears to me that the color is integrated into the material. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I may be in the minority but I like the monochrome look of painted flares and F/R bumper.

View attachment 325364

interesting. Aesthetically, you still have some contrast going on with the black wheels, tires and tint and let’s not forget the Raptor decal. And just to clarify, what color are all of these?

Black.
which Raptors matter?

BLACK Raptors Matter. :cool:
primer grey lead foot? Not so much.

;-)

that’s not a bad look, but you’ll get pin striped quick like that.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think it’ll look good esp on a leadfoot….I have a 2020 801a & actually think the black plastic mirrors & handles look better than body colored as well, provide a nice contrast. If you’re thinking of a different look consider either a) wrapping them in a subtle different color or texture matte vs gloss etc or b) repainting factory color spec than having a PPF film over em

I added a pic of my 801a 2020 LF, just refresher example of how a lil contrast in trim color may be a good thing, especially when leadfoot is very similar to other trim colors like the bumpers & already blends in w/ the darker greys/blacks trim pieces kinda “plain” vs like pretty much any other colors aside from black/magnetic PLUS the gen3’s have the body colored bumper right? So would be even more of a “wash out” effect.

If I was going to remove from my truck I’d do em in Linex black. But I have the black mirrors/handles

Attachments

• D4A13BFE-D6AA-43C3-B281-A9A028C9889D.jpeg
    D4A13BFE-D6AA-43C3-B281-A9A028C9889D.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good, just not what I would want for a raptor. Last vehicle I had was a 2020 Rubicon, and I specifically ordered without painted fenders because beat up painted fenders look way worse than beat up plastic. And boy did I scuff the hell out of those fenders in CO and Moab...
Granted, this is an $80k vehicle not a $50k vehicle, so I'm hoping to beat up the body a bit less... Im still going to jump it any chance I get lol

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While you’re at it, you could just paint the whole truck instead of leaving it just primered. :D