2021 Raptor Is a Total BUST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Few things that are hood of Gen 3
Interior upgrade
Markers on fender flares
New beadlock wheels look freaking nice
Active exhaust that you can play with the setting

that’s all

That’s about it lol ..
I don’t care it has coil spring instead of leaf spring .

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Just think how awesome it would be if it had a V8. It's like a supermodel with A cups...

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DAM YOU FORD PERFORMANCE ! DAM YOU ALL TO HELL !!!!!!!!!!. lol. Well I was keeping 2019 scab stock hoping for a awesome gen 3. Better start putting mods on.

20210203_181448.jpg

20210203_181503.jpg

20210203_181516.jpg

Last edited:

Trooper

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of you. What sets the raptor apart is when you see one, you immediately know what it is. I've seen the 2021 F150s on the lot and judging from these reveal photos, the new raptor doesn't look much different. Take away the grille marker lights, (which they started putting on the Roush F150s) and there doesn't appear to be anything iconic about it visually. Maybe seeing them side by side will change my mind but for now, I'm disappointed with the aesthetics of it.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Gen 1 release was very similar, but the truck was unprecedented, a brand new concept and was amazing. They released it with a 5.4 until they could get the 6.2 into production. I bought serial # 1583 with a 5.4, it was an awesome truck, not a single defect in it. The Gen 1 went on to be a stellar truck all around.

The Gen 2 was a bit of a screwed up release with a shit ton of trucks sitting at the loading dock waiting for months to get "software updates" my new truck being one of them. I ended up canceling the order, reordering and getting a newly built truck in just 6 weeks. The truck was still freaking awesome and unlike anything else on the market.

The Gen 3 is now playing catchup and Ford damn well knows it. They should have come out of the gate with a kick ass truck- whether it be a standard or "R" model, but instead they introduce a boring looking, boring ass truck. They failed. I for one won't be ordering one, and I foresee sales lacking big time.

Just my .02

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of y'all are more upset than Charlton Heston when he found out what's in Soylent Green.

I just want to hear the HP numbers. Didn't TFL just do a race between a tuned Gen2 and a TRX? The Gen2 was pretty close as I recall.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gen 3 looks like an awesome truck. I love the interior updates and the ability to get 37s. I actually like the C-clamp design Gen 2 headlights and taillights better. Will I be trading in my 19? Nah. I'm guessing I'd need to add $20k to my 2019 to get into a 2021, and the differences just aren't that important to me. I'll probably rock my 2019 for several more years and maybe, just maybe, get into a lightly used Raptor R in 2024 or 2025.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of y'all are more upset than Charlton Heston when he found out what's in Soylent Green.

I just want to hear the HP numbers. Didn't TFL just do a race between a tuned Gen2 and a TRX? The Gen2 was pretty close as I recall.

It was a tuned 18 running E20, if I remember correctly. And it was closer than any of their TRX drag races to date, but the TRX still beat it pretty handily. That really drove home to me how fast the TRX is.

What I thought was the more interesting part of that episode was that a supercharged Gen 1 lost to a bone stock Gen 2. I did not expect that.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They ran a goosetuned Gen 2 on 37s vs the stock TRX and yeah it lost by less than half a truck length on the first run. Pretty sure the Gen 2 was at the passenger front door. 2nd run the Gen 2 lost by a full length.

And im with you, I just want to hear numbers too, if they say the Gen 3 has a 25hp bump that's not worth anyone's time. Im hoping they are in that 5 to 600 hp range with the 3.5. But who knows lol.