2021 Raptor Is a Total BUST!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 3rd Gen Raptor will be last of the dinosaur juice powered trucks. My guess is that Ford’s 1/2 billion investment in Rivian will mean that the 4th Gen Raptor will be powered by DC batteries, not fossil fuels. No transfer case needed with quad motors, faster 0-60 and it will do tank turns:)
Whatever they are feeding you Socal folks through the TV must be strong, but there's not infrastructure that will support 100% EV's in the next 10 years. Sorry for the reality check

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever they are feeding you Socal folks through the TV must be strong, but there's not infrastructure that will support 100% EV's in the next 10 years. Sorry for the reality check

100% agree. There is a terrible infrastructure as it is for full electric cars. Who wants to pay huge money for a car that can only be used around town? Makes no sense. The infrastructure and batteries both stink - why would I want to only be able to drive 200-300 miles, then have to stop and do an hour charge to get maybe back up to 25%. Seems silly. The only way we can move forward is hybrid. I am surprised that Ford and GM can't see that.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% agree. There is a terrible infrastructure as it is for full electric cars. Who wants to pay huge money for a car that can only be used around town? Makes no sense. The infrastructure and batteries both stink - why would I want to only be able to drive 200-300 miles, then have to stop and do an hour charge to get maybe back up to 25%. Seems silly. The only way we can move forward is hybrid. I am surprised that Ford and GM can't see that.
Ford, GM, Tesla, etc are all just following the free money from .gov that subsidizes their poor EV vehicles while advocating for public transportation. Big business gets bigger, as does big government, at our tax money expense.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought Ford did a decent job. Truck looks great, and the interior is nicer than the TRX’s. The 37’s with the new frame and suspension is huge! They also did confirm the Raptor R, so just drive your Gen 2’s for now until that comes out.
The interior is nicer than a Ram TRX Level 2?? That’s a matter of opinion to say the Least?
Is Ford offering the limited interior on the Gen 3 Raptor?

MrHomeGuy

Reaction score
I was anxious to order the 21 to replace my 19 last November but gave up and swapped it for the last 2020 on my dealers lot. My 19 hit 41k miles in 15 months and I felt another year would have killed the trade in value. The only think I can say is the the seats in my 18 were all leather around - no cloth sides like the 19 and 20. The Ford synch and navigation is still too slow. Maybe Ford will have an all electric like Rivian by 2025 but I'll pass on that one.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope not! It would be way over $100k.
Maybe not for this raptor but the Raptor R is going to need it to compete with the TRX straight up. TRX has the limited interior. People don’t have to choose the option but it would be nice to have.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe not for this raptor but the Raptor R is going to need it to compete with the TRX straight up. TRX has the limited interior. People don’t have to choose the option but it would be nice to have.

So you're saying that the hottie in a tee shirt needs a nice dress to compete with the fat ugly girl in a nice dress? :boobs:

Goosed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time poster. Was waiting for the Gen 3, had a Gen 1 SCrew and loved it.

Don’t think they did enough here to make a Gen 2 owner want to jump on a Gen 3. Wished there was firm #’s on the engine. Although with all the issues the 3.5 has had in these, can it even handle more power?

anyone have info on order guides for the 3 packages, and what comes on the base vs. the higher trims?

I would bet Gen 2 values will be stout for a while based on this new release, but since I don’t have a Raptor right now I’ll just wait for the Gen 3 to come out and hope stealers don’t go nutz with ADM.

In regards to the front fascia I agree I do not love it, but it reminds me of what they are doing with the Bronco front grill and skid. Maybe they think people like this and moved some of the design style to the Raptor?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First time poster. Was waiting for the Gen 3, had a Gen 1 SCrew and loved it.

Don’t think they did enough here to make a Gen 2 owner want to jump on a Gen 3...

Welcome. If you own a gen 2 in good shape, there's no reason to pay ADM to get a gen 3 unless you're addicted to the latest and greatest and have the money to spare. Once you can get a gen 3 for under MSRP, I think it would be worth the move. The rear suspension is worth it all by itself.