2021 Raptor 37 Package after 650 miles…my feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your RR have the Meridian sound system? Don’t even know if they still use that but I was in one that had it few years back and it was by far the best sound I’d ever heard in a vehicle.
Yes, they still use meridian and they’re spectacular. I have the mid grade option which is like 1200 watts and 19 speakers. The ATB have 29 speakers lol

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I traded an '06 Land Rover LR3 with 135k miles for my Raptor, and the Rover was more reliable. Also had a lot more character, and a small fridge in the center console. Haven't found a fridge in my Raptor yet.
That’s remarkable. You do know every Range Rover ever made is still on the road. They never made it home. ;););)

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, they still use meridian and they’re spectacular. I have the mid grade option which is like 1200 watts and 19 speakers. The ATB have 29 speakers lol
As anyone who is into audio/video knows, amount of watts and number of speakers don’t tell the story. It’s quality over quantity. I owned a 40 watt tube amp that sounded sweeter than a songbird on a Sunday morning.

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As anyone who is into audio/video knows, amount of watts and number of speakers don’t tell the story. It’s quality over quantity. I owned a 40 watt tube amp that sounded sweeter than a songbird on a Sunday morning.
Well clearly I’m not that into it. It is however the best audio system I’ve heard in a car.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s remarkable. You do know every Range Rover ever made is still on the road. They never made it home. ;););)
The Jag V8 in my Rover ran like a sewing machine for 135k miles, while my Raptor engine sounds like someone threw a handful of ball bearings into it--I'm told until it gets a $4k repair.

Also, the seal seems to have failed in my driver's door handle, the power side mirrors seem to have a mind of their own ("click click click click"), the sunroof rattles on the most minor of bumps, the adaptive cruise regularly disables itself, and the infotainment system needs to be manually rebooted every other time I drive it.

I like the Raptor, but I'm not joking when I say that my 15-year-old Land Rover was more reliable.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Jag V8 in my Rover ran like a sewing machine for 135k miles, while my Raptor engine sounds like someone threw a handful of ball bearings into it--I'm told until it gets a $4k repair.

Also, the seal seems to have failed in my driver's door handle, the power side mirrors seem to have a mind of their own ("click click click click"), the sunroof rattles on the most minor of bumps, the adaptive cruise regularly disables itself, and the infotainment system needs to be manually rebooted every other time I drive it.

I like the Raptor, but I'm not joking when I say that my 15-year-old Land Rover was more reliable.
Sounds like a Ford.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score

And obviously I was joking. I don’t worry about reliability of any new vehicle. Nothing is perfect. I promise I’m not bragging, as I’ve lost a ton of dough by flipping new cars for another more attractive model, but I’ve bought probably 20 or more new vehicles in the past 7 years, from 8 Porsches to 4 F150s, including 3 Raptors with my Gen3 being delivered in next few weeks, and all have been reliable. Some have had little problems. My second Gen2, after a freezing rain, the darn drivers door wouldn’t latch. I had to hold it closed driving home 7 miles from commuter lot. And then I see recently Teslas where the door handle won’t pop out when frozen. It’s all irrelevant to me. Only time I get pissed is if car strands me. In the past 30 years and over 50 vehicles that happened once in my 112k mile 2004 Touareg. Drive shaft broke. I coasted into a highway rest area, called a tow, and was late for work. Big deal. I had Geico MBI, cost me $250 deductible and it was fixed. Kept it to 175k miles. It had tons of issues through the first year and I still loved it.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mercedes BMW and Audi have the best audio systems from vehicle makers on the market. The wife's Explorer actually sounds pretty good. However, every F150 I have owned has not been that great. Gen 1 had the Sony system and it wasn't very good. Gen 2 has the B&O system and it isn't very good either.