2021 Raptor 37 Fuel Range ?? Only 415 with full tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Enjoying my new 21 Raptor but noticed the fuel range or miles to empty only went to 415 with full tank…yes, I checked to confirm full tank of gas …gauge indicates full tank.

Is it just the first tank of gas needs to be used to get accurate estimate of 500 plus miles?
Cheers

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
415 seems awfully low. I did notice on my G2 that economy increased after the first couple of tanks. It's soon soon to say if the same will hold true on the G3 - I'm on my second tank of gas right now.

Also, I would assume the dealership put in regular unleaded (87 octane), and that definitely will limit your fuel economy and range.

Oggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Enjoying my new 21 Raptor but noticed the fuel range or miles to empty only went to 415 with full tank…yes, I checked to confirm full tank of gas …gauge indicates full tank.

Is it just the first tank of gas needs to be used to get accurate estimate of 500 plus miles?
Cheers
Speculation here, but it’s possible the system is calculating miles to empty based on your recent usage. If you’ve been driving more city than highway, the range estimate might be lower than 500 when you fill the tank.

OP
OP
R

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speculation here, but it’s possible the system is calculating miles to empty based on your recent usage. If you’ve been driving more city than highway, the range estimate might be lower than 500 when you fill the tank.
Hi - it’s the first tank of gas ….I’ve only driven 80 miles. Mostly highway. Fuel mpg is 12.5 per trip computer.
I will see. I topped it off with premium (which I use exclusively)—
I will run a couple of tanks and see what happens. I have visions that assembly line installed a 27 gallon tank by accident. Lol.

OP
OP
R

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel economy and range will not be accurate until at least the first 500 miles. The truck is basing the range off of its time idling between the plant and dealer lot, so it’s going to be artificially low.
Thank You!

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Fuel economy and range will not be accurate until at least the first 500 miles. The truck is basing the range off of its time idling between the plant and dealer lot, so it’s going to be artificially low.
This. Don't worry your Prius should get 550-570 MPG over 6 months (depending upon how you drive), but since worried about MPG I have a feeling not strong lol.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It calculates on previous usage. If I'm doing a lot of highway miles, it will go up. On a recent 2000 mile road trip in my 2018, the DTE went from just over 500 to 700.

If your truck was driven hard in the first few miles, that would result in a low DTE calculation.