2021 Gen 3 Fender Flares …what is cost to repair replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am a couple steps closer to actually getting my 21 gen 3 37….Leadfoot…I am transporting my truck to my home in CA…I was all set to pick-up the truck and enjoy a nice 1400 drive home…but my little 14 month Old got a cold or COVID or something so dad was not leaving his side….in any case…during the inspection prior to loading the transporter noted some damage on the flares…some scratches that went through clear coat….the worse one being on the driver side front fender flare…I was going to expel them when it was delivered because fender flares can and do get scratched when using your truck as God intended…lol. The scratch is long and very thin ..almost like a razor cut …FA272655-2299-4F4C-BC72-C5C3FE96155F.jpeg

What is the cost to repair a fender flare or should I just get a new one?

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's not a dent there, it's also possible that it could be residue from a previously peeled off protective wrap that sometimes comes on parts. We would have cars on the showroom floor and custys always thought they were scratches because it doesn't come off when you rub it with your thumb. Glass cleaner took it right off.

OP
OP
R

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's not a dent there, it's also possible that it could be residue from a previously peeled off protective wrap that sometimes comes on parts. We would have cars on the showroom floor and custys always thought they were scratches because it doesn't come off when you rub it with your thumb. Glass cleaner took it right off.
I am hoping for that is the case with mine….Thank You-

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed the dent/crease as well. We will see when it arrives…thanks for your input.
Looks to be a very small chip just right of the dent. I bet the dealer makes it right for you. I have a LF being built today. Great color though I really liked my Magnetic 2020. Wish they would continue with one or the other.

OP
OP
R

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night, A local dealer received 2 2021‘s…black and white units so I drove over to take a look. As a couple members have noted…the paint quality on the fender flares was substandard…the paint was rough and appeared to have a matte / satin finish more than a clearcoat finish like my 2018 had….I also noticed 3 of the 4 fender flares had peeling paint at the edges were in met the truck body…the body paint seemed fine…but the flares were not painted very well imo….

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are these painted? I always assumed they were black/gray plastic. Is this a Gen 3 thing or have they always been painted?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why are these painted? I always assumed they were black/gray plastic. Is this a Gen 3 thing or have they always been painted?
They are all painted, my Gen 1 is painted from the factory, after the heat wave we had this summer 115f and higher, there are small flaking areas on my rear flares where it meets the body.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How janky. A big, tough offroady truck has delicate paint on its fender flares. Makes total sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts