2021 Gen 3 Eibach Front Leveling Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty badass. How is the ride? Have you had a chance to top out the front suspension (Jump it) to see if the suspension tops out or subtly decompresses?
I have heard these Gen3 trucks have a bit more travel, I am not sure it if is UP travel, DOWN travel, or both. If it is up travel, hopefully it doesnt make for accelerated wear on the coilover (If you send it often enough to bottom out the suspension).

Eibach's were too firm for my liking, with no down travel. Didn't buy an 90k truck for it to ride like dog crap. Some people can tolerate it, but I can't. My gen2 had king coilovers and progressive leaf springs with bump stops in the rear. So maybe I'm a bit spoiled LOL.

The fox coilovers ride like stock and outperform the stock shocks off road. I haven't really jumped the truck with fox's yet, just slightly air born over some railroad tracks and they performed very well. I drove over some whoops and they did far better than the eibachs. It really is a night and day difference. I bought the eibachs in hopes that that they would be a "budget" upgrade, but in all honesty, i'd rather have the stock suspension over the eibachs. My truck is also my daily driver, so I need to have a comforable ride.

The eibach springs were stiff all the time. With the fox coilovers, I can have it ride like stock in normal mode and then stiffened up in sport and baja mode. Well worth the money.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach's were too firm for my liking, with no down travel. Didn't buy an 90k truck for it to ride like dog crap. Some people can tolerate it, but I can't. My gen2 had king coilovers and progressive leaf springs with bump stops in the rear. So maybe I'm a bit spoiled LOL.

The fox coilovers ride like stock and outperform the stock shocks off road. I haven't really jumped the truck with fox's yet, just slightly air born over some railroad tracks and they performed very well. I drove over some whoops and they did far better than the eibachs. It really is a night and day difference. I bought the eibachs in hopes that that they would be a "budget" upgrade, but in all honesty, i'd rather have the stock suspension over the eibachs. My truck is also my daily driver, so I need to have a comforable ride.

The eibach springs were stiff all the time. With the fox coilovers, I can have it ride like stock in normal mode and then stiffened up in sport and baja mode. Well worth the money.

Good review. I had Kings on my Gen 2 as well. I originally put Eibachs on my Gen2 and they rode like shit. Topped out the struts on down travel and rode stiff as a brick. I Tried to do the same as you and save some money, being the OEM shocks are decent, didnt work. So I went to the other end of the spectrum and got the King setup and was super happy with the results.

How do these Fox Race Series coilovers work as compared to the King setup you had on your Gen2?

I saw someone say these Race Series coilovers provide the same travel as the 37" package trucks, if this is true, it would be the cure for rubbing on over travel situations.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score

did u add preload to the driver's side to compensate for fuel tank weight?

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good review. I had Kings on my Gen 2 as well. I originally put Eibachs on my Gen2 and they rode like shit. Topped out the struts on down travel and rode stiff as a brick. I Tried to do the same as you and save some money, being the OEM shocks are decent, didnt work. So I went to the other end of the spectrum and got the King setup and was super happy with the results.

How do these Fox Race Series coilovers work as compared to the King setup you had on your Gen2?

I saw someone say these Race Series coilovers provide the same travel as the 37" package trucks, if this is true, it would be the cure for rubbing on over travel situations.

They’re very similar. I don’t think I’d be able to tell a difference in a blind test if they were adjusted with similar settings.

I’m a huge fan of kings, in their products and customer service.

Only reason why i went with with fox is to keep the live valve setup.

And i have no idea if the fox’s have the same travel as the 37P.

Kings: I was able to adjust ride height just by jacking up the truck and using the king adjustment tool, but no live valve.

Fox’s: I had to take off wheels, remove upper a arm nut/bolt, use a coil spring compressor tool to compress coil, in order to turn the spanner nut and adjust ride height. Way more work than the kings. But, i like having the live valve, and the ability to adjust on the fly with the steering wheel button.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score

just like my 21 tremor... rode like chit with the Eibachs