2021 Ford Raptor Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorOKC25

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm looking at a 2021 Ford Raptor that has just shy of 10k miles on it. It's currently listed for 91k and some change. Depending on if I can talk them down in price, I may pull the trigger. It's black and has almost every option on it (Convenience, Torsen, looks like Carbon Fiber, moonroof, etc). It doesn't have the upgraded wheels, but that's an "easy" fix. Is there anything specific I should be on the lookout for with these trucks? I know it's low miles, but wasn't sure if there are any warning signs to pay attention to.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Hey everyone!

I'm looking at a 2021 Ford Raptor that has just shy of 10k miles on it. It's currently listed for 91k and some change. Depending on if I can talk them down in price, I may pull the trigger. It's black and has almost every option on it (Convenience, Torsen, looks like Carbon Fiber, moonroof, etc). It doesn't have the upgraded wheels, but that's an "easy" fix. Is there anything specific I should be on the lookout for with these trucks? I know it's low miles, but wasn't sure if there are any warning signs to pay attention to.
IMO no. Check carfax or similar for damage, and NHTSA (.gov) for any recalls on it. Your $$, but price seems high. Hopefully previous owner didn't abuse it ... :) Black Raptors are the BEST!!

OP
OP
R

RaptorOKC25

Reaction score
IMO no. Check carfax or similar for damage, and NHTSA (.gov) for any recalls on it. Your $$, but price seems high. Hopefully previous owner didn't abuse it ... :) Black Raptors are the BEST!!
Yeah, I just pulled up the carfax (had to go to 3 different sites to see they had listed it, wasn't showing on Autotrader/Cargurus), but there are 3 unresolved recalls for this one. Doesn't sound like it's one worth moving on.

OP
OP
R

RaptorOKC25

Reaction score
These are the recalls on it. Does anyone have any insight if any of these just scream "no go" or potentially something to use as negotiations for lower price since they haven't been fixed? I've actually seen these on a couple used Raptor's I've looked at...

1) Description: ON YOUR VEHICLE, UNDERBODY INSULATORS MAY LOOSEN AND CONTACT THE ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT, RESULTING IN MARKING OR SCORING OF THE DRIVESHAFT. CONTINUED CONTACT MAY RESULT IN DRIVESHAFT FRACTURE.

A FRACTURED DRIVESHAFT POSES THE RISKS OF LOSS OF MOTIVE POWER WHILE DRIVING, UNINTENDED VEHICLE MOVEMENT WHILE THE VEHICLE IS IN PARK IF THE PARKING BRAKE IS NOT APPLIED, AND SECONDARY DAMAGE TO SURROUNDING COMPONENTS. A FRACTURED DRIVESHAFT MAY ALSO CONTACT THE GROUND WHICH MAY CAUSE LOSS OF CONTROL OF THE VEHICLE WHILE DRIVING. A FRACTURED DRIVESHAFT INCREASES THE RISK OF INJURY OR CRASH.

Remedy: FORD MOTOR COMPANY HAS AUTHORIZED YOUR DEALER TO SECURE THE UNDERBODY INSULATORS, AND INSPECT THE DRIVESHAFT, FUEL VAPOR LINES AND ELECTRICAL CONNECTORS FOR DAMAGE AND REPAIR AS NECESSARY FREE OF CHARGE PARTS AND LABOR.

2) Description: YOUR VEHICLE MAY FALSELY DETECT THAT YOUR TRANSMISSION FLUID PRESSURE IS TOO LOW, WHICH CAN CAUSE A WRENCH LIGHT TO ILLUMINATE ON THE INSTRUMENT PANEL CLUSTER AND THE TRANSMISSION TO SHIFT INTO A NEUTRAL STATE. THIS FALSE DETECTION CAN OCCUR WHILE DRIVING AND CAN OCCUR AT ANY SPEED. IF IT OCCURS, THE VEHICLE WILL COAST TO A STOP AS IF IT IS IN NEUTRAL, AND THE ELECTRONIC SHIFTER WILL ATTEMPT TO ENGAGE PARK BELOW SPEEDS OF 2 MPH3 KPH. ONCE THE VEHICLE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP, THE ELECTRONIC SHIFTER WILL AUTOMATICALLY SHIFT INTO PARK.

A LOSS OF VEHICLE MOBILITY CAN INCREASE THE RISK OF CRASH.

Remedy: FORD MOTOR COMPANY HAS RELEASED SOFTWARE FOR 22S15. YOUR VEHICLE IS CAPABLE OF FORD POWER UP SOFTWARE UPDATES. WHEN AUTOMATIC UPDATES ARE TURNED ON STANDARD FROM THE FACTORY, THE SOFTWARE WILL BE DOWNLOADED TO YOUR VEHICLE OVER A PRIVATE WI-FI NETWORK OR THROUGH YOUR VEHICLES MODEM THROUGH THE CELLULAR NETWORK. BEFORE INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, YOU WILL HAVE TO SCHEDULE A DAY AND TIME THROUGH YOUR VEHICLES SYNC SCREEN WHEN YOU WILL NOT NEED THE VEHICLE FOR UP TO 10 MINUTES SO THAT THE INSTALLATION CAN COMPLETE. NOTE REFER TO FORD.COMSUPPORT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON YOUR FORD POWER UP SOFTWARE UPDATES SYSTEM. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE FAIL TO LOAD OR INSTALL PROPERLY, FORD HAS AUTHORIZED YOUR DEALER TO INSTALL 22S15 SOFTWARE FREE OF CHARGE PARTS AND LABOR UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS PROGRAM.

3) Description: THE TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER ON YOUR VEHICLE MAY NOT PROPERLY APPLY THE TRAILER BRAKES WHEN TOWING A TRAILER EQUIPPED WITH AN ELECTRIC OR ELECTRIC-OVER-HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEM.

THIS MAY RESULT IN NO TRAILER BRAKE FUNCTION WHILE DRIVING, LOSS OF TRAILER BRAKES, AND EXTENDED STOPPING DISTANCES POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A CRASH.

Remedy: FORD MOTOR COMPANY HAS AUTHORIZED YOUR DEALER TO REPROGRAM THE TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER FREE OF CHARGE PARTS AND LABOR.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All 2021s had those recalls. If its at a ford dealership, have them get them taken care of.

OP
OP
R

RaptorOKC25

Reaction score
Makes sense. There is also a 2021 Lead Foot Raptor in Dallas that is 89k for sale I'm looking at. However, it has a Leer bed cap on the bed. I'm not familiar with bed caps on trucks, do they leave behind any damage to worry about if I purchase the truck and decide to sell the cap?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The top of the bed rails have plastic caps. If for some reason they are damaged, Not much to replace if needed.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are all standard recalls for the '21s. I LIKE the '21 over the '22 and prob the '23. Ford did not pull any punches on the '21s. They have all the bells and whistles (like temp readout on the dials just to name one). Under 10k, hell it's just broke in! If you can get the price about 10k less I would jump all over that.