2021 F150 "work truck" faster than a Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Milo12

Reaction score
On TFL they raced a 2021 F150 hybrid with minimal options against a Raptor and easily won. The funny part is when they raced the TRX the TRX kept crapping itself but finally made a full run beating the F150, which cost less than half as much as the TRX.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
put 33's on a wrx and race a wrx on stock tires

this is't rocket science

people under estimate the weight of 35s

BINGO.
And it's not merely the weight of the tires and wheels, it's also what they do to the final gear ratio. Put those bigger tires on the "work truck" and see what happens.

D

Deleted member 17706

I still wouldn’t mind seeing the hybrid platform on the Raptor. Yes, I know it adds weight, but I can get 19 mpg driving 70-75 mph in hot humid flat Florida. Don’t see any reason why you couldn’t get low to mid 20s in fuel economy. To put that into prospective, that would easily be more than double what the TRX gets in fuel range.

87EDF710-6620-44BC-B9F2-7A43D75EEC36.jpeg

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Powerboost assist adds a lot more to that engine than anyone could imagine. The instant torque is a real game changer.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A hybrid will be sweet in a Raptor.
Having that instant torque to any specific wheel or axle can get very interesting.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. That’s hilarious and depressing

Guess I will be getting a tune after all now lol

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leading me to think why Ford hasn’t realized power #’s yet. The Raptor is not the street 0-60 machine many think, but really an off road performer with plenty of power for what it needs. But Ford can’t have this new Gen 3 running slow at the back of the pack even on road, I would think against its work truck. But this will be the problem Ford will face when it’s BEV F-150 comes out and makes everything else look slow. But that this isn’t all apples to apples anyway.