2021 Engine Differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine compartment is very similar to new F-150 3.5L. Same airbox and battery position (referencing OP).

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think there will be a high demand for a powerboost raptor, able to run your generator to power the tools to fix your raptor, or keep the beer cold, etc.

That would be my guess, but I've been periodically checking my local dealers inventory, and they don't seem to be ordering too many PBs. Perhaps they don't stay on the lot long, or are hard to get, but it's not what I expected. Still too early to really tell I suppose.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That would be my guess, but I've been periodically checking my local dealers inventory, and they don't seem to be ordering too many PBs. Perhaps they don't stay on the lot long, or are hard to get, but it's not what I expected. Still too early to really tell I suppose.
Ford said there was over 450 PB sitting in inventory in Texas and told the dealers to lend them out to fellow texans to power their homes (not the whole house) and they would give the dealer $600 per. That was on the news up here, anyway. 450 isn't much when there are probably 10,000 f150's for inventory in Texas, if I had to guess, IDK

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think there will be a high demand for a powerboost raptor, able to run your generator to power the tools to fix your raptor, or keep the beer cold, etc.

The Powerboost powerplant is not needed for that.
The Raptor will come with an onboard (not your) smaller 2kw generator which will do all of the above.
The onboard 7kw Gen set is reserved for the Powerboost.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor will come with an onboard (not your) smaller 2kw generator which will do all of the above.

On the F150, 2kW pro power onboard is an option, not standard. And if you don't have the powerboost, then you'll need run the engine while using the system. Depend on use case, that could be an issue. Probably not a problem for running tools to fix the truck or something, but not something you want to run the fridge off of.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The onboard gen has an extra battery, etc, you can build a log cabin and power all the lights and fridge according to Fords commercial up here in Canada, lol.