2021 Engine Differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the revised exhaust either. The commercial they ran with the exhaust sound was definitely enhanced and a bit misleading. This white truck in the wild just doesn't fix the bad tones and frequencies of the 6-cylinders.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think they finally got the exhaust right! Worst case, maybe the aftermarket can reproduce this for the Gen 2. Will be expensive I’m sure.

The market for tunable exhaust is not limited to Gen 2 Raptors. What works for the Gen 2 should work for any previous Gen ecoboost F150. And I would expect to see versions that work on the current Gen ecoboosts as well. Really, I would think this would be popular on V8s as well, as being able to get loud exhaust without having to commit to loud exhaust all the time would be a big plus. Having the flexibility of not waking up the neighborhood every morning, but being as loud as possible in the starbucks drive thru...is big I would think you could easily get add an extra $400 or more to the price and it would sell well.

Lots of room for improvement too, since control is a factor.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We know the power boost is not going to be an option in the Raptor.

The battery on the powerboost F150 isn't under the hood anyway. It takes up some of the space for the gas tank. Part of the theory why some think the powerboost will never come to the Raptor.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey listen, I run a stock exhaust and fine with it. It does sound tuner carish when you get on it. But I am cool with it and at least it sounds a little louder than a regular F-150 LOL. I know I’m moving when I hear it. I personally like old school V8’s exhaust better anyway.

Just saying they tuned the Gen 3 pretty well now and it should quiet down all those peeps who outright complain about the Gen 2’s exhaust.
It's all good bro, I'm going to miss the v8 sounds and so are a lot of people, times are changing, soon people will be crying that they don't like the sound of the electric motor and want to hear the v6 sound. It's all relative.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did they mention this would be carrying over to the Gen 3 anywhere? I was hoping this would not be a thing for the new generation...

I hope Ford is past that by now. Honestly, it sounds better than what the electric motor is going to sound like.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The battery on the powerboost F150 isn't under the hood anyway. It takes up some of the space for the gas tank. Part of the theory why some think the powerboost will never come to the Raptor.

I have to beg to differ my good man. Outside of other ways to get a hybrid in the Raptor, you can get up to 700 miles of range as Ford advertises for the F-150. So if you can get over 500 now on fuel only, why wouldn’t the hybrid work with the smaller tank? Being it’s total range your looking for. Now does the hybrid fair Better on the highway or slow stop and go or off road driving is the question.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No hybrid and no v8. Not even like performance screen like in TRX. It’s like eating the same chicken soup every Sunday. It’s just there. Lame

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to beg to differ my good man. Outside of other ways to get a hybrid in the Raptor, you can get up to 700 miles of range as Ford advertises for the F-150. So if you can get over 500 now on fuel only, why wouldn’t the hybrid work with the smaller tank? Being it’s total range your looking for. Now does the hybrid fair Better on the highway or slow stop and go or off road driving is the question.

Hey, it's not my theory. If you can go by the PB on an F-150, the tank size drops to 30.6 gallons, so you basically lose 6 gallons. Then there is the added weight of the battery effecting performance, and whether the boost helps much in off-road conditions. It clearly would be a plus for having power available when you aren't driving.

Personally, I hope that it's something Ford is looking at doing in the Raptor in the near future. Perhaps Ford wants to have sort of a 'pilot' year to see how customers like it. Or perhaps they think many customers won't care for it and thus don't want it in the currently single engine option Raptor. We'll see.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, it's not my theory. If you can go by the PB on an F-150, the tank size drops to 30.6 gallons, so you basically lose 6 gallons. Then there is the added weight of the battery effecting performance, and whether the boost helps much in off-road conditions. It clearly would be a plus for having power available when you aren't driving.

Personally, I hope that it's something Ford is looking at doing in the Raptor in the near future. Perhaps Ford wants to have sort of a 'pilot' year to see how customers like it. Or perhaps they think many customers won't care for it and thus don't want it in the currently single engine option Raptor. We'll see.
I think there will be a high demand for a powerboost raptor, able to run your generator to power the tools to fix your raptor, or keep the beer cold, etc.