2021 Code Orange 35 Gen 3 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you'd be surprised. The same argument can be said for dealers asking $25k+ over sticker. A lot of people think it is crazy but others gladly pay it.
I clearly said private sales above and I doubt I’d be surprised. I’ve sold every car I’ve had private sale and there’s always some bozo sending a 25-35% under list offer. The OP could have easily gone to a dealer and gotten more than the offer. If you can’t make a reasonable offer then keep it in your pants.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I clearly said private sales above and I doubt I’d be surprised. I’ve sold every car I’ve had private sale and there’s always some bozo sending a 25-35% under list offer. The OP could have easily gone to a dealer and gotten more than the offer. If you can’t make a reasonable offer then keep it in your pants.
You do you and I'll do me. Reasonable offer is all subjective.

I'll continue to be the "bozo" that offers what I think is fair value, or in some cases, where I think I can just save a few bucks. You can continue being angry and pay full asking price.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do you and I'll do me. Reasonable offer is all subjective.

I'll continue to be the "bozo" that offers what I think is fair value, or in some cases, where I think I can just save a few bucks. You can continue being angry and pay full asking price.
So $13k under is reasonable? That’s not saving a few bucks and it’s something you’ll never get.
Post an example of a private sale purchase you made that was accepted far under the listing price. I’ll wait for the pictures.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So $13k under is reasonable? That’s not saving a few bucks and it’s something you’ll never get.
Post an example of a private sale purchase you made that was accepted far under the listing price. I’ll wait for the pictures.
Asking just under msrp on a used vehicle? Sounds reasonable to me, regardless of the market.

My 97 12v Ram was listed at $17k and I offered $12k, which was accepted. $5k is 30% under asking for a truck with billet trans, 35's, 400whp, and some random other upgrades.

I get it, we disagree and that's fine with me. Time to let this thread be done.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 15

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Asking just under msrp on a used vehicle? Sounds reasonable to me, regardless of the market.

My 97 12v Ram was listed at $17k and I offered $12k, which was accepted. $5k is 30% under asking for a truck with billet trans, 35's, 400whp, and some random other upgrades.

I get it, we disagree and that's fine with me. Time to let this thread be done.
First it’s not “regardless of the market” and second you give a terrible comparison and don’t even say if it was private or dealer.

You’re right.. best to be done because you’ll never admit you’re wrong. Continue being a bozo.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First it’s not “regardless of the market” and second you give a terrible comparison and don’t even say if it was private or dealer.

You’re right.. best to be done because you’ll never admit you’re wrong. Continue being a bozo.
How is it a terrible comparison? It was a private sale as you had asked for. It's also a vehicle with a cult following that typically sells significantly higher than it should because of the demand and low quantity of clean examples left. Sounds pretty similar to this scenario.

There isn't really a right or wrong here as it is a matter of opinion. No need to throw a tantrum and call names.