2021 Agate Black, 37 pack, fully loaded, pics and opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdvRap

Reaction score
I like the new design, its grown on me. The one thing I'm critital of is the headlights. Anyone else see 2011-2016 F250 headlights when they look at the new raptor? Looks like those aftermarket Spyder headlights with the LED strip around the outside. I dont care much for that, but the rest of the truck is nicely refined.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
One thing that has bothered me about new gauges is speedo is off center versus just straight in the middle like current. Doesn't look like way to change that.

Oh and I don't think mirrors are large enough--why make truck mirrors smaller (and pls don't someone say aero lol).

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not just nice interiors… just really hideous front ends…. But the truck on 37’s is a huge upgrade over the gen2… not on 35’s… the Gen 3 on 35’s is a Gen 2.1…. “That’s just my / your opinion…man!” Big Lebowski…
The 35/ is an upgrade as well. More travel, 5 link suspension, more responsive Live Valve. Better approach and departure angles. All things that make the Gen 3 more capable. Granted will you and I be able to take the 2 trucks to their limits to notice the differences probably not.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing that has bothered me about new gauges is speedo is off center versus just straight in the middle like current. Doesn't look like way to change that.

Oh and I don't think mirrors are large enough--why make truck mirrors smaller (and pls don't someone say aero lol).
Why do you think the mirrors need to be bigger? They didn’t make it to tow. (Although they have the tow rating.)

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Gen 3 looks nice.... BUT the fact that Ford forces you to have Blue interior with the 37 Package and the same old V6 twin turbo was enough to sway a large number of us to the TRX. The ONLY draw now for the Gen 3 Raptor is the 5-link and 37's.

Let's face it most of us that owned a Gen 1 and a Gen 2 modified the suspension right off the bat and it was a huge improvement on both generations. With the Gen 3 there is not that immediate need to raise the front, add Deavers in the rear and get a bump stop kit. But it still has the same lazy turbo lagging V6!

I'm not brand loyal, just want the most bang for the buck as long as it's made by an American company. I've NEVER owned a turbo V6 car or truck until my 2019 Raptor. I just can't get over the lack of power and turbo lag. Yes, the truck is quicker than my Gen 1 but the driving experience is NOT better. I think Ford dropped the ball BIG TIME! They let Ram fill the want/need of so many of us for a high horsepower V8!

I hope those that ordered a Gen 3 are happy with their trucks! I'm moving on to a 702hp good ole American supercharged V8.