2021 Agate Black, 37 pack, fully loaded, pics and opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Syberspace

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it have rear climate controls? One of the few complaints I have with my 2019 is that the rear AC could be better. Also the vented seats in my dodge worked better then Ford's. Hopefully they improved it. (I live in Las Vegas)
No. Just rear heated seats in this one.
I thought the vented driver seat in this one cooled down quick. Much faster then my Gen 2.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... so I read a thread here noting a Raptor that was being delivered to a local dealer. Near Pittsburgh, PA. I called the dealer and was under the impression it was a retail order... salesmen are just not that informed, as I got a few stories... shocker... (I believe it was a stock order).
It was an Agate Black, 37 pack with power tech, folding tonneau and bedliner. Was delivered today.
I called an they agreed to let me see it.

I was able to go over the entire truck... even got him to try out the fog lights. The outer ones are controlled by a switch next to the headlight ****. He couldn't find the switch for the other set. The ones usually with covers in photos. They are the same style as the outer ones, and did not come on with the switch he pushed.

The interior was not a let down at all. I was a little on the fence with the blue Recaro interior. When I opened the door I was pleasantly surprised. It is not as in your face as you might think or pictures suggest. Blue, yes, but soft looking. The backs of the front seats are a little more blue than the rest of the seat... maybe because they are vinyl? I really liked them overall. Very similar to the Gen 2 from a support standpoint and seating feel. (Just sat in a Gen2 set over the weekend). The rest of the interior is just like the 2021 F150 if you have seen one. LOVE the new center stack and infotainment. Going to have to get used to the calculator on each side of the steering wheel... but you do have a LOT of control of things from there.

The front is a little plain compared to the Gen 2. I like it, and I watched the video with the chief engineer describe why it was that way, but still a little plain... not in a bad way. The fender flares and lights are nice. I know they look different, but the lights are cool. Like an extended bulb that glows from all angles. I liked them.
The 37 pack bed graphics are very well done. Not too aggressive, and blend into the truck a little. I got them on mine, figuring I could remove them if I wanted to. I probably won't, now that I have seen them. Hood graphics are well done too.
Loved the power tailgate. The rest of the bed looks the same as a Gen2, except for the tailgate surface.

Salesman let me start it. MUCH BETTER EXHAUST SOUND! Lower tone, better sound at idle... just sounded a little more refined. Wish I could have opened it up a little, but the guy was being very cooperative and I didn't want to over do it.
My son was behind the truck when I stared it and loved it. He wasn't a fan of the Gen 2 exhaust.

The agate black was nice too... just too many dark trucks for me, so I opted for Leadfoot (again).

I will try to post a link to the pics I took... I took A LOT.

A few here for now...

Enjoy.
Thanks for all of the info and pictures. Much needed to get us by.

Sephiroth

Reaction score
Hideous? really? That's what you're going with? It's 75% the same exact styling but the headlights aren't as "squinty"
Don’t waste your time answering trolls. Let me do it instead. That’s just my kind of game. Put me in coach! :D

Did anyone else notice how it sounds much better? Could be just the video or my ears.

DeepSeaMofo423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t waste your time answering trolls. Let me do it instead. That’s just my kind of game. Put me in coach! :D

Did anyone else notice how it sounds much better? Could be just the video or my ears.
Your put in! The truck looks great except the front end! What is wrong with that?!? Great interior and with 37’s I could not imagine how much better it will do in rock and crawl mode. I just finished the Raptor Assault Course for my Gen 2 and “Blown Away” with the technology with rock and crawl mode with trail control. This truck should **** it with the clearance upgrades and the 5 link! The interior is also amazing with “Road Head” mode… look it up funny video… In my opinion everything in the truck is GREAT except the front end… kinda like a butter face…. (Everything great but her ….) Don’t take offense to others opinions on one thing…take the other 47 compliments on a great truck…

Sephiroth

Reaction score
Your put in! The truck looks great except the front end! What is wrong with that?!? Great interior and with 37’s I could not imagine how much better it will do in rock and crawl mode. I just finished the Raptor Assault Course for my Gen 2 and “Blown Away” with the technology with rock and crawl mode with trail control. This truck should **** it with the clearance upgrades and the 5 link! The interior is also amazing with “Road Head” mode… look it up funny video… In my opinion everything in the truck is GREAT except the front end… kinda like a butter face…. (Everything great but her ….) Don’t take offense to others opinions on one thing…take the other 47 compliments on a great truck…
What I got out of your post is that you love road head as much as I do. Correct?

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A blend of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 front end styling???? Looks nothing like a Gen 2 much less a Gen 1 at all! ( rear lights are definitely a Gen 1) The front end is hideous! Only thing keeping from getting a Gen 3…. The rest of the truck is amazing and with great engineering!

Attachments

• 338BEC30-DFED-49EE-8979-47D81E3F3AE7.gif
    338BEC30-DFED-49EE-8979-47D81E3F3AE7.gif
    631.6 KB · Views: 27