2021 Agate Black, 37 pack, fully loaded, pics and opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh, it's nice, but IMO Ford got lazy as hell and it should be called a Gen 2.1. If you compare the changes from the Gen 1 to the Gen 2, it was a totally different truck inside and out. The Gen 3 is 95% a Gen 2.
The only thing that is the same is the power train. The new generation of the F150 has similar styling to the previous generation. The previous generation had much different styling to two generations ago.

I guess I just don’t know what you want. Whole new suspension, factory 37s, all new amazing interior that makes the previous interior look like garbage. Then a blend of Gen 1 and Gen 2 front end styling.

Last edited:

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh, it's nice, but IMO Ford got lazy as hell and it should be called a Gen 2.1. If you compare the changes from the Gen 1 to the Gen 2, it was a totally different truck inside and out. The Gen 3 is 95% a Gen 2.
LOL, I think that the Admins are bored and trying to get a rise out of the forum. :D

sip320

Reaction score
Ok... so I read a thread here noting a Raptor that was being delivered to a local dealer. Near Pittsburgh, PA. I called the dealer and was under the impression it was a retail order... salesmen are just not that informed, as I got a few stories... shocker... (I believe it was a stock order).
It was an Agate Black, 37 pack with power tech, folding tonneau and bedliner. Was delivered today.
I called an they agreed to let me see it.

I was able to go over the entire truck... even got him to try out the fog lights. The outer ones are controlled by a switch next to the headlight ****. He couldn't find the switch for the other set. The ones usually with covers in photos. They are the same style as the outer ones, and did not come on with the switch he pushed.

The interior was not a let down at all. I was a little on the fence with the blue Recaro interior. When I opened the door I was pleasantly surprised. It is not as in your face as you might think or pictures suggest. Blue, yes, but soft looking. The backs of the front seats are a little more blue than the rest of the seat... maybe because they are vinyl? I really liked them overall. Very similar to the Gen 2 from a support standpoint and seating feel. (Just sat in a Gen2 set over the weekend). The rest of the interior is just like the 2021 F150 if you have seen one. LOVE the new center stack and infotainment. Going to have to get used to the calculator on each side of the steering wheel... but you do have a LOT of control of things from there.

The front is a little plain compared to the Gen 2. I like it, and I watched the video with the chief engineer describe why it was that way, but still a little plain... not in a bad way. The fender flares and lights are nice. I know they look different, but the lights are cool. Like an extended bulb that glows from all angles. I liked them.
The 37 pack bed graphics are very well done. Not too aggressive, and blend into the truck a little. I got them on mine, figuring I could remove them if I wanted to. I probably won't, now that I have seen them. Hood graphics are well done too.
Loved the power tailgate. The rest of the bed looks the same as a Gen2, except for the tailgate surface.

Salesman let me start it. MUCH BETTER EXHAUST SOUND! Lower tone, better sound at idle... just sounded a little more refined. Wish I could have opened it up a little, but the guy was being very cooperative and I didn't want to over do it.
My son was behind the truck when I stared it and loved it. He wasn't a fan of the Gen 2 exhaust.

The agate black was nice too... just too many dark trucks for me, so I opted for Leadfoot (again).

I will try to post a link to the pics I took... I took A LOT.

A few here for now...

Enjoy.
Thank you sir for your yeoman's work. Patiently waiting for my first pickup truck!!!