2020 Whistle Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nismonian

Reaction score
my 19 has a whine but im sure its turbo spool as its only present under heavy load and not all the time and isnt speed related :hmm:

Agswin

Reaction score
I test drove a 2019 and 2020 back to back last week and the whine was very pronounced on the 2020. It felt like it was an exhaust issue, like they had done some sort of retune on the exhaust but it was so bad it helped me a pick the 2019

Jim Sineath

Reaction score
All the post seem to be identifying a issue but has anyoone actually taken the truck in and gotten a service tech response to what they say or think it is? Earlier some stated they were taking it in did anything become of it? Also seems no one with a 2020 has posted saying they do not have the issue are there any of those, ie is this uniform or just select issue on some?

OP
OP
Begone

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep meaning to drop it off. But the shop foreman already told me I’d have to leave it for a couple days. I just don’t have the time to spare on leaving it for that long at the moment. Hopefully when the holidays get closer and we have some days off of work.

I also think it’s a issues on all of the 2020’s. No one on here with a 2020 has said they don’t have the issue...but obviously that a small sample size.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 and the whine on my truck is most noticeable at idle. Don’t hear anything while at normal driving speeds, but I could also not be listening hard enough.

I feel this is way too common for Ford not to know about it... especially if there’s a problem. As someone posted above, need truck so can’t afford the time to take to dealer and let them dig around for a few days. Hopefully someone figures it out and posts here.

lakebum

Reaction score
My dealer has reached out to Ford. No news yet . The other new 2020’s on the lot make the same noise.

May truck has been in the shop 9 days now for a drive mode control fault . Shocks went to full stiff . I am loosing patience quickly with this 2020. This is my 3rd Raptor . All others were good trucks .

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys, does this sound like the issue you're experiencing? Ford released this message on OASIS a few days ago. The dealer won't be able to resolve it until engineering determines a repair direction, but at least you can have them document the concern. Once a TSB or SSM is released I'll be sure to post it up here.

Dec 13 2019 9274 - 2020 F-150/Mustang/Ranger - 10R80 Transmission – High-Pitched Whine Noise During Acceleration And Coasting - Built On Or Before 20-Nov-2019

Some 2020 F-150/Mustang/Ranger vehicles equipped with 10R80 transmissions may exhibit a high-pitched whine noise coming from the rear of the transmission at speeds between 30-50 km/h (18-30 MPH) during light acceleration and while coastingdown. The noise will not be present when the vehicle in in NEUTRAL. This may be due to an output shaft bearing. This condition will not affect transmission durability or function. If no additional symptoms are present, do not attempt any repairs or transmission replacement at this time. Engineering is investigating, monitor OASIS for updates.

lakebum

Reaction score
That most likely sums it up above , but mine make the noise at all speeds, also in neutral.

Thank you for posting the information.