2020 Whistle Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lakebum

Reaction score
It sure if anyone has taken theirs in for the driveline whine. Going to get mine in tomorrow. Also, just had a drive mode failure today . Shock are full stiff .

Brand new 2020 truck .

WraptorBoy

Reaction score
It sure if anyone has taken theirs in for the driveline whine. Going to get mine in tomorrow. Also, just had a drive mode failure today . Shock are full stiff .

Brand new 2020 truck .

Sorry for your troubles. I can't imagine a brand new truck having these issues. Wow.

The only time I heard a whining noise like you're describing was a bad alternator. I didn't suspect that because it had just been replaced and was brand new. But when the brand new battery died, and I determined the alternator was the culprit, I replaced the alt and no more whine.

If you're hearing noises in neutral then it could be a component that is always turning like AC compressor, alternator etc all of which increase in RPM with the engine... unless you hear it from the back then yeah, could be drive train related as the pumpkin is always turing.

Keep us up to date!

Lewis Raptor

Reaction score
This is the first I have had with Beadlock wheels, does anyone hear the noise with the standard wheels? Maybe it is beadlock related?

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on this? I can hear a slight whine in my 2020 when backing out of garage and light throttle when I first start driving but don’t hear anything once up to normal driving speed. If I didn’t see this thread with a bunch of people saying something is wrong, I would have assumed it was normal driveline noise.

OP
OP
Begone

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on this? I can hear a slight whine in my 2020 when backing out of garage and light throttle when I first start driving but don’t hear anything once up to normal driving speed. If I didn’t see this thread with a bunch of people saying something is wrong, I would have assumed it was normal driveline noise.

it gets louder. I’m at 2000 miles and it’s very noticeable. I have not taken mine in yet. Haven’t had time.

OP
OP
Begone

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first I have had with Beadlock wheels, does anyone hear the noise with the standard wheels? Maybe it is beadlock related?

i don’t think so. I had 2019 beadlocks on my 2017 Raptor and zero noise like this.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sorry but you can’t honestly tell me especially the generation one years people begging, praying, hoping that they would put a V-6 in gen 2. I remember guys selling their older higher mile gen 1s for 14s before ford announced the eco boost and the 6 was just a rumor.

I believe people have come to except the V-6 but you can’t tell me if that Ford put a supercharged 5.2 V-8 in the truck you would prefer the 3.5 to that....or any well built v8 bc I already know some on here will say ford 8s are crap.

Not against a boosted v6 in the right vehicle but I’m sorry a raptor deserves a high performance v8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can "honestly" tell you that I would rather drive a more capable 450/510 raptor with a diesel-like torque profile than an older 411/434 truck. That's why I own a 2019. If something significantly better comes along in the next Gen I'll likely purchase that

Last edited: