2020 Whistle Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Begone

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm taking mine in tomorrow morning - I'm waiting around to see what they say. I'll let you know. Glad I'm not the only one, but still sucks that we even have to deal with this being a 2020 and brand new....Things should be better at this point, not worse.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
windshield seal possibly. have seen it before. could possibly be the problem. but definitely something to hear in person. just a random guess

CDub

Reaction score
Well mine has it. 1 day old 2020, picked it up with 7 miles on it .

It is driveline, pitch changes with speed. Does not matter the engine rpm, transmission gear, 2wd or 4wd. It gets louder the more you accelerate , you can change the tone with throttle.

My previous 2 Raptors were silent.

I have reached out to let the dealer know. Likely be a week or so before I take it in.

Mine has the same sound as too, I just assumed it was the turbos spooling. I picked up my 2020 on Nov 15 and it only has 300 miles on it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well mine has it. 1 day old 2020, picked it up with 7 miles on it .

It is driveline, pitch changes with speed. Does not matter the engine rpm, transmission gear, 2wd or 4wd. It gets louder the more you accelerate , you can change the tone with throttle.

My previous 2 Raptors were silent.

I have reached out to let the dealer know. Likely be a week or so before I take it in.

Stock factory tires?

OP
OP
Begone

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. That’s 3 2020’s all brand new right off the dealer floor. Somethings up.

I too believe it’s driveline related. It’s not tire noise, window seals, or airbox. It’s not a whistle sound like that air related, it’s a metallic whistle sounds like a turbo but it increases with speed and stays at the same level of pitch at any maintained speed. The faster you go the higher the pitch all the way to speed limiter. It’s just there all the time.

lakebum

Reaction score
Wow. That’s 3 2020’s all brand new right off the dealer floor. Somethings up.

I too believe it’s driveline related. It’s not tire noise, window seals, or airbox. It’s not a whistle sound like that air related, it’s a metallic whistle sounds like a turbo but it increases with speed and stays at the same level of pitch at any maintained speed. The faster you go the higher the pitch all the way to speed limiter. It’s just there all the time.
Stock factory tires?

Yes all stock. It now has 100 miles.

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW my 10 speed was silent until I took it out to the dunes and drove it hard and hot for a while. Now it whines, especially at the top of 1,2,3,5

OP
OP
Begone

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW my 10 speed was silent until I took it out to the dunes and drove it hard and hot for a while. Now it whines, especially at the top of 1,2,3,5

the whine /
Whistle is there even in neutral at speed.