2020 Whistle Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They may have put some tension on the motor mounts when removing the transmission, causing them to bind up. To resolve that, they can perform the powertrain neutralization procedure in the Workshop Manual. It simply consists of loosening all of the powertrain mount fasteners and then re-torquing them to the proper spec.

Would this procedure help a driveline vibration felt in the wheel and the floor in the 45-60 mph range, that is only present when coasting? It goes away with light throttle input. It wasn't there before the trans was out of the truck, and I am assuming its either a trans issue or a driveshaft, yolk etc issue.

D

Deleted member 17706

UPDATE: I finally got it fixed from the dealer - not because of any particular reason, I just didn't have the time to leave it there for a week or more. And they had to order parts for it that were on back order.

Got it repaired last week, the noise is gone - FINALLY! It was driving me crazy! Drives like it should have from the factory. The TSB that has been mentioned in this thread is what they used to fix it. Repaired all under warranty. The shop foreman was very knowledgeable about the issue and how to fix it.

I also got my Cam Phasers replaced at the same time, was having the dreaded chattering noises at cold start ...Geez, a 2020 with 25k miles on it already having the Cam Phasers replaced - but it's now done. Not sure I'm gonna hold on to this Raptor that long. Good thing I have the 100k mile warranty from the Dealer.

Can't wait till the Ram TRX comes out...trading in the Raptor when it does. At least I know that engine is bullet proof pretty much - owned 2 Hellcats over the years, and a Dodge Durango SRT (amazing drivetrain)...all were/are flawless.

Pretty sure you would be the first (if not one of the first) 2020s to have the cam phaser issue. All the parts were updated, so that shouldn’t still be a problem.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait till the Ram TRX comes out...trading in the Raptor when it does. At least I know that engine is bullet proof pretty much - owned 2 Hellcats over the years, and a Dodge Durango SRT (amazing drivetrain)...all were/are flawless.

Not to derail too much, but funny you mention the Hellcats. I had one and it was very common to have the noisy nose cone on the supercharger. That same issue is very similar to here, no known catastrophic issues because of it that I had seen but a nuisance. I also like the ZF 8 Speed in those but also had an issue where it wouldn't allow to be put in park (likely integration rather than the transmission itself). All fixed though and no problems after that.

I loved that car though. Not a big fan of the TRX styling but probably get another version either the Trackhawk or a wide body Charger.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would this procedure help a driveline vibration felt in the wheel and the floor in the 45-60 mph range, that is only present when coasting? It goes away with light throttle input. It wasn't there before the trans was out of the truck, and I am assuming its either a trans issue or a driveshaft, yolk etc issue.

Since it only occurred after the transmission was removed, yes.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I finally got it fixed from the dealer - not because of any particular reason, I just didn't have the time to leave it there for a week or more. And they had to order parts for it that were on back order.

Got it repaired last week, the noise is gone - FINALLY! It was driving me crazy! Drives like it should have from the factory. The TSB that has been mentioned in this thread is what they used to fix it. Repaired all under warranty. The shop foreman was very knowledgeable about the issue and how to fix it.

I also got my Cam Phasers replaced at the same time, was having the dreaded chattering noises at cold start ...Geez, a 2020 with 25k miles on it already having the Cam Phasers replaced - but it's now done. Not sure I'm gonna hold on to this Raptor that long. Good thing I have the 100k mile warranty from the Dealer.

with regards to the trans TSB, did they happen to mention if the noise is just a nuisance or will it lead to premature trans failure?

Woody W

Reaction score
I have the same whine, see 3:08 in video for the noise. Don't really hear it when i am driving. But it still seems to loud. This video was done with less than 1k on the odo..now is has about 3k. Build date 9/2020. Let me know what you guess think. Thanks..video linked below.

MarkLahart

Reaction score
Finally they got the parts and performed the TSB. I just picked it up the noise is gone however I feel the engine runs little rough, gas pedal seems to have a lot of vibration (more than I’m used to) when idle the vibration is a lot more than before. I can see things vibrating inside now. I guess I’ll have to take it back in, Any suggestions on what’s going on ?

MarkLahart

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I took it back and another tech look under and said the exhaust is not mounted properly as it’s touching the body which causes vibration. So I left it there over the weekend again. Let’s see if that fixes the issue otherwise I will ask them about what you suggested. thanks again.
Did they get the issue resolved for you? I seem to have the exact same vibration after getting the whistle fixed. Whistle is gone, but definitely a small vibration in the gas pedal when in gear and stopped or when on the gas but low rpm. And almost sounds like an exhaust drone now that comes and goes with the vibration.

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they get the issue resolved for you? I seem to have the exact same vibration after getting the whistle fixed. Whistle is gone, but definitely a small vibration in the gas pedal when in gear and stopped or when on the gas but low rpm. And almost sounds like an exhaust drone now that comes and goes with the vibration.
Yes it was fixed. Exhaust was touching the body somewhere.