Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

2020 Whistle Sound

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Begone, Nov 13, 2019.

1. BigDinTexas

BigDinTexas Member

Saw this and thought of this thread. OP did you ever get this figured out?

1BC117E9-3428-4DFF-B634-7572A50C0EE5.jpeg

2slo4u likes this.
  2. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Member

FordTechOne: I looked at my bill again. They had two transmissions on it. Each one was $4130.the other parts were about $250 total; labor was $950. Maybe both labor and parts were doubled because of the screwup in installing the wrong transmission the first time around.

3. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

Makes much more sense. Still surprised to hear that listed the prices on there though.

4. WAYTALL

WAYTALL Member

I'll take a look tonight and report back.

5. 66fordsvt

66fordsvt Member

Bumping This Topic Back Up... Anyone else get the TSB service done for the whistle? I am still holding off as some are getting complete transmissions and some are doing the service 10+ hr Service. The dealership keeps calling that they have the parts just not a fan of the idea...

6. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

See my posts on Page 15 of this thread. The transmission sub assemblies, including clutches/pistons/drums/springs, do not need to disassembled. The clutch and planetary assembly is removed as a single unit, which allows access to the output shaft bearing.

7. Howanic

Howanic Member

My Raptors door sticker says 9/19... but I am almost sure it has this same issue. High pitch noise while driving on the highway, I can fluctuate the pitch with throttle. I wonder if Ford duplicates the issue if this TSB will cover it since it is a month older than this TSB states.

8. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

The TSB will not apply, but if the dealer diagnoses it and finds it’s a failed outer output shaft bearing, the repair procedure will be the same. No change from a customer standpoint, only the way the dealer submits the warranty claim.

Howanic likes this.
  9. codeman

codeman Full Access Member

I noticed the whine / whistle on mine and the other day a much more noticeable whine in 4A. This forum is great - brand new truck and you should see the number of issues I’ve had. So far in the shop for 1 full week out of 3 owning it.

This piece of crap is going back to Ford and they will get an earful on crap quality. Seriously ... this truck cost more than my last 3 Audis and over the span of 10 years nothing but tire changes and regular checkups went wrong on all of them. I have a Ford that cost $5,000 more than my last S5 and it’s been in the shop more time than all 3 cars combined.

10. Begone

Begone Full Access Member

UPDATE: I finally got it fixed from the dealer - not because of any particular reason, I just didn't have the time to leave it there for a week or more. And they had to order parts for it that were on back order.

Got it repaired last week, the noise is gone - FINALLY! It was driving me crazy! Drives like it should have from the factory. The TSB that has been mentioned in this thread is what they used to fix it. Repaired all under warranty. The shop foreman was very knowledgeable about the issue and how to fix it.

I also got my Cam Phasers replaced at the same time, was having the dreaded chattering noises at cold start ...Geez, a 2020 with 25k miles on it already having the Cam Phasers replaced - but it's now done. Not sure I'm gonna hold on to this Raptor that long. Good thing I have the 100k mile warranty from the Dealer.

Can't wait till the Ram TRX comes out...trading in the Raptor when it does. At least I know that engine is bullet proof pretty much - owned 2 Hellcats over the years, and a Dodge Durango SRT (amazing drivetrain)...all were/are flawless.