2020 Whistle Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WAYTALL

Reaction score
I picked my truck up Friday after work but wanted to drive it a few days before replying. New transmission is working flawless as expected , and no whistle! While there they also replaced my backup camera ( had some early morning grainy/scrambled screen condition). Maybe its just me, but this camera seems to be upgraded, almost high def.

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked my truck up Friday after work but wanted to drive it a few days before replying. New transmission is working flawless as expected , and no whistle! While there they also replaced my backup camera ( had some early morning grainy/scrambled screen condition). Maybe its just me, but this camera seems to be upgraded, almost high def.

I hope mine turns out the same! Dropped mine off Wednesday, still waiting to get it back. I'm in a loaded '20 XLT 250 for a loaner, and the backup camera immediately stood out to me as being higher quality than the one in my truck.

WAYTALL

Reaction score
They confirmed that they are replacing backup cameras like crazy, and although it appears so, could not confirm upgraded definition. The cameras are currently on back order through Ford.

66fordsvt

Reaction score
Just wanted to check on the members that are getting this fixed. I brought mine in for the first service and let them know the TSB # etc and they ordered parts for the fix as the TSB stated. I don't like the idea of going into the transmission even when the parts do come in, a trans replacement sounds a lot better to me! So is that what most are having done, the very few that have fixed this? I can't even say i hear it anymore so may just leave it.

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally they got the parts and performed the TSB. I just picked it up the noise is gone however I feel the engine runs little rough, gas pedal seems to have a lot of vibration (more than I’m used to) when idle the vibration is a lot more than before. I can see things vibrating inside now. I guess I’ll have to take it back in, Any suggestions on what’s going on ?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally they got the parts and performed the TSB. I just picked it up the noise is gone however I feel the engine runs little rough, gas pedal seems to have a lot of vibration (more than I’m used to) when idle the vibration is a lot more than before. I can see things vibrating inside now. I guess I’ll have to take it back in, Any suggestions on what’s going on ?

They may have put some tension on the motor mounts when removing the transmission, causing them to bind up. To resolve that, they can perform the powertrain neutralization procedure in the Workshop Manual. It simply consists of loosening all of the powertrain mount fasteners and then re-torquing them to the proper spec.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

@WAYTALL Do you have the part numbers on the work order? Also, Is it all cameras that seem better or just the backup?

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They may have put some tension on the motor mounts when removing the transmission, causing them to bind up. To resolve that, they can perform the powertrain neutralization procedure in the Workshop Manual. It simply consists of loosening all of the powertrain mount fasteners and then re-torquing them to the proper spec.
Thanks for the reply. I took it back and another tech look under and said the exhaust is not mounted properly as it’s touching the body which causes vibration. So I left it there over the weekend again. Let’s see if that fixes the issue otherwise I will ask them about what you suggested. thanks again.

Alcibiades

Reaction score
The dealership replaced my transmission because of this problem. It was a bit of a hassle because they were shipped the wrong transmission the first time (it was for an Expedition) but they finally got the right one and put it in. The truck runs perfectly now. The bill said $9500 for the work, if you ever have to do it on your own dime.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealership replaced my transmission because of this problem. It was a bit of a hassle because they were shipped the wrong transmission the first time (it was for an Expedition) but they finally got the right one and put it in. The truck runs perfectly now. The bill said $9500 for the work, if you ever have to do it on your own dime.

All warranty ROs should show N/C for “No Charge”; can you post a pic of the RO? $9500 isn’t even in the ballpark, with the transmission assembly and labor it should come out to a few grand.