2020 Vibration in Cabin felt in seats.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo Smi

Reaction score
Info:
Hi All, purchased new, happy as hell! First 6k where great.
Drove 6k rotated tires front to back, back to front, problem started after rotation , Dealer stated the (4) KO2 tires where cupping on the inside of tires (about 2") BF Goodrich replaced them LT315/70s17. with 8K on truck. New tires did not help been to Ford dealer 5 times.

Problem:
Vibration in Driver seat (seats), at 50mph but gets worse at 70-80MPH. Not felt in steering wheel.

Tried coasting at all speeds, turn lane keeper on/off( always keep off anyway.)
Up hill down hill, with accelerating and not

Repairs:
New tires 8K
Road force balanced 3-4 times , tires removed from wheels.
Rotated multiple times.
New drive shaft from Ford.
Camber, Toe in Correct.
Lowered air pressure to 35

What caused the wear in the tires in the first place ? They have not addressed that as well.
Never been off road (yet)
Still have the shimmy/vibration.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Still dealing with seat vibrations, After dealer checked many items
PCM test
datalogger road test
Engine Ground Mounts
unplug VCT solenoids road test
data logger torque converter
found significant piece metal on rear axle plug
Road test vibration analyzer identified :tires would be identified along with engine as first order vibrations
Once again road force tires 23,27,7 and 27 .
dealer said it was better , but its not, now more vibration at lower speeds.
SET #2 of tires have 4000k truck has 13k on it, brought to BF Goodrich dealer for wear again stated suspension or Alignment issues.
Customer service @ Ford doesn't seem to care.
Goes back in again Monday November 7, 2021.

Not sure about this; tested going from 2A-4A at 25mpg , 4 times, loud bang Front Left Wheel ? Transfer case , related ?

Any one who comes up with the answer I will Venmo them $50.00

Never off Road, all stock!
Really don't want to go down the Lemmon Law route , sucks to drive this the way it feels!

Thanks for the input!!!

mdeater21

Reaction score
My 2020 did the same thing since new. Rotated and balanced tires twice with no effect. Mine did it at 80-84 mostly. Sold it with 20k miles and still did it the same.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If you were one the gas shifting from 2 to 4, it will bang sometimes. Nature of the beast.

The vibes are likely the tires. You say the set has 4k miles on them, did you buy them new and was the vibe there then? If they are significantly cupped you should be able to see/feel the unevenness in the outer treads. If you rotate at first sign of low speed vibes, you might be okay. I am lazy though, it's usually somewhat better though after rotation.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmission.
Engine bogging because in too high of gear. Creates a shudder or vibration. How's your 3-4 and 4-3 shift feeling?

Maybe have dealer reset your TCM and then let it properly relearn the shift strategies.

I'll get you my Venmo info!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't let your dealer rotate the tires front to back, back to front, that's not even how the manual says to do it, dealers do it that way because they are f'n lazy. This is NOT your problem though, just another observation to avoid for longer life of your tires.

PS: I would guess you have bad shocks out of the gate, btw.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Also check this out. Read the full thread.